BellaOnline
--Vitamins nutrition--- Vitamins nutrition is an essential part of health and wellness, and this is demonstrated by research. In this article, we outline the reasons why we should all have the recommended amounts of vitamins each day. Nutrition is what we provide to our bodies (in the form of food), to support life within our body's cells. A vitamin is part of this nutrition which is required by our bodies for everyday functions. Other essential nutrients such as essential fatty acids, dietary minerals, or essential amino acids, are not included in the term vitamin. Our bodies do not naturally produce vitamins, so we must obtain them from food or supplements. There are currently 13 different compounds recognized as vitamins, and these include A, D, E, K, C and 8 different B vitamins. --Each vitamin plays it's own role-- Each vitamin plays it's own role in keeping different parts of the body healthy. Vitamin A plays a huge role in healthy eyesight, it has antioxidant properties, and appears to function in maintaining normal skin health. Healthy body tissues and muscles are the role of vitamin C, and also increases the body's immunity and has antioxidant properties. Vitamin D is good for strong bones and is also critical for overall health. The body's defense systems are supported by vitamin E, as well as it supporting a healthy heart. Researchers suggest that vitamin E may prove useful in the prevention of heart disease when taken for extended periods of time. Any more Ideas and tips then feel free to share here... Thanks... www.trubalance.net
Hi Rwbecca.Franks!

Thank you for joining the BellaOnline Forums and I am so glad to see you have posted.
hi................... Calories only come from the four macronutrients: protein, fat, carbohydrates, and alcohol. Fat has 9 calories per gram, protein and carbs both have 4, and alcohol has 7. thanks
Great post! Very helpful i must say. This is something very important and i must admit everyone should be aware of this. Thanks!
Simon, I no longer get hung up on the fat calorie issue and calories in general. The problem is the food value per calorie. Calories which come from good foods (colourful vegetables/fruits and free range meats) are to my mind good. Those which are sugar and grain based are not good. I look for vitamins, polyphenols and protein high foods. So butter is good as is olive oil, but I don't like the newer mass produced oils. For the fat fearful remember that during the war in the UK people were rationed to "only" one and a half pounds of saturated fat per person per week. This was dropped to about half that by the end of the war (with only 2 oz of butter each per week). This is roughly 8 - 12 times what is recommended currently. Were they fat then or are they fat now?
I'm on Vitamin C on daily basis..
Vitamins are very essential for the proper growth of the body. It is necessary to maintain the vitamin level we take through our food. Our body gets vitamins from the different vegetables and fruits. So it is require to consume that food items after all vitamins play vital role in body growth.
thanks for sharing the importance of vitamins in the daily diet, I am sure this information is ought to assist many who are trying to get an inside on the healthy diet topics especially regarding Vitamins. Thanks for sharing.
I strongly believe that we need to take a quality mineral supplement to make up for what we DO NOT receive from plants grown in depleted soil. And a good supply of D3 for those who can't get outside often.
Another thing that is important for getting the most nutrition from the foods we eat is probiotics. If you eat foods like kefir, probiotic drinks or digestive enzymes with meals, it greatly assists your digestion and helps you get the vitamins you need from food.

Eating Veggies is right that many foods we eat don't have the nutrition they once had. I give my family mostly organic fruits and veggies, which I get from our organic food coop. These actually do have more nutrients than commercially raised foods.
I like Super Nutrition multi-vitamins. They are whole food based and I used their prenatal version with all three of my pregnancies. In addition, I believe in supplementing with fresh vegetable juice.
Fermented organic veggies, kefir along with a good probiotic helps that gut. And we all need our guts. The damage done by white foods is showing up everywhere. No human is getting any nutrition and the foods are leaking right thru stomach linings. Even in children!! To show up as allergies and sensitivities that also compound the problem of no nutrition being used at all. I like the organic food based supplements. Organic food that hasn't been tainted by some trillion dollar corporation that owns patent rights on the seeds of the plants that make their own pesticides! (let alone these things haven't been tested on humans at all for we are doing the tests now with abysmal results) Vit D3 we all need to supplement. Vit K with that. Vit C *be sure it is clean of toxins. Vit B complex. Selenium. Magnesium. Iodine. Some need zinc, copper - all the things we once gained from our rain and soil - not any longer :( Juicing is the BEST! Also, don't touch corn, soy or sugar!
Vitamins and Nutrients are all important for us to attain god health. Lack of it can be considered as Threats to Memory and Brain Power
I believe that it is important to make sure that you get the proper amount of vitamins and minerals in the foods that you eat. Often, this is not practical for many of us and vitamins are a good alternative.
© BellaOnline Forums