BellaOnline
Posted By: "Rosie" An alternative to prednisone - 12/18/10 10:04 AM
I'm looking for an herbal medication for asthma
To reduce swelling in the airways
I have been on and off Steroids (Prednisone) for many years
I now have Osteoporosis in my left hip and my spine
Phyllis from the Native American forum had a suggestion which i truly am thankful for
Any one else have any suggestions
Posted By: Hilary Re: An alternative to prednisone - 12/19/10 07:17 AM
Sorry I can't help with the herbal medication for asthma, however when my inflammation flares up I stop eating anything containing sugar and grains, which includes bread, flour, pasta, etc. Then I eat a lot of brightly coloured fruits and veges and eat a variety of garden grown herbs. It takes a week or two for the inflammation to reduce. This works well and the only side effect is feeling deprived of a sugar binge. But that is better than the side effects of prednisone.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: An alternative to prednisone - 12/20/10 04:10 PM
Thank you, Hilary
Posted By: StacyPhD Re: An alternative to prednisone - 12/28/10 08:13 PM
Skyhaven, "Er Chen Wan" is a famous Chinese herbal formula for asthma but it really depends on the type of asthma you have. Herbs are taken depending on your personal constitution (meaning are you hot/cold, thin/heavy, yellow/clear/green sputum, etc.?) Take a look at this website and figure out which type of asthmatic you are - this should help you out a lot! BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: An alternative to prednisone - 12/28/10 09:35 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post
Keep in touch When you are able to complete the info
Wishing you a very Happy New Year
© BellaOnline Forums