BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Regency / Pride & Prejudice Updo - 02/13/08 11:17 PM
Just wanted to post for everyone! I went to a regency era dinner a few nights ago and the hair person I used did an awesome job at a period updo smile

This is with shoulder length hair too, not long hair. I had donated my hair recently for cancer.
Very nice Lisa. Thank you for taking the pictures and posting them.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Regency / Pride & Prejudice Updo - 02/14/08 10:20 PM
To give a sense of how short my hair is, here's an image of me in December, I don't think I have anything more recent. So my hair is just a bit longer, barely to my shoulders now.

Sometimes hair that is your length is easier to put up - especially if it takes a curl well. Really long hair can be too heavy and pull the curls down or sometimes its hard to hide all the length - sort of winding it around and around and pinning it.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Regency / Pride & Prejudice Updo - 02/14/08 10:46 PM
Right normally with my mid-back length hair I wouldn't have been able to have the curls at the side of my face, because the curls would have gone all the way down past my shoulders smile So that was a good thing, to have the shorter hair and be able to do those tendrils. I like having my hair all the same length in general, to fit into a ponytail.

We'll see going forward what I do. I really don't like short hair on me (above the shoulders) but right now it does go into a ponytail and is just at my shoulders. So I'll let it grow out mid-back but I may stop there this time. I may be getting to the point that the cancer donation places won't take it any more, due to me being almost 40.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Regency / Pride & Prejudice Updo - 02/14/08 11:45 PM
I have never heard of a hair donation with an age limit. usually its condition and length requirements.

But I love the hairdo. Looks very good.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Regency / Pride & Prejudice Updo - 02/15/08 08:46 PM
Well, as I age more of it gets gray smile

Thanks!
Posted By: M o e Re: Regency / Pride & Prejudice Updo - 02/21/08 03:51 AM
Apparently it's because gray hair is harder to give a rich colour to.

Lisa, you looked fabulous.
Wow, Lisa, you looked beautiful! Sounds like a great party!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Regency / Pride & Prejudice Updo - 02/21/08 04:08 AM
It was very fun, we ate 1830s food like squash soup and roasted veggies smile
© BellaOnline Forums