BellaOnline
Posted By: irgolas scrunching hair - 09/21/02 02:15 PM
my whole life i have had think straight hair. right now it is layered and very thick and straight. i wanted to try making my hair look scrunchie i love the look. so today i washed my hair scrunched and used gel hair spray and then a diffuser but it made my hair look more curly. so i need some help on how to do this. i would love any advice!
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: scrunching hair - 09/22/02 01:27 AM
If I read your post correctly, Your hari got curlier than you wanted it to. You just wanted a messy wavy look instead of curly.
Is that correct?
If so, you just need to do less scrunching while you dry it. Maybe run your fingers through it when its almost dry (still damp)Use the diffuser on it without scrunching for the last few minutes.
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: scrunching hair - 11/07/02 02:26 AM
I scrunch my hair, but it's to make it curlier. I agree that if you run your fingers through it and don't dry it all the way with heat, it will come out more messy/wavy than curly and won't be as big.

I found that Fudge makes some good products to aid scrunching. Choose weight (light vs heavy hold) and form (gel, spray, foam) based on your hair experience. I need a light product that holds firmly, so I use a gel of theirs.

- Rae
© BellaOnline Forums