BellaOnline
What causes damaged hair and how to prevent it.

Protect your hair from damage
Posted By: Varun Gautam Re: Protect your hair from damage - 09/27/12 10:17 AM
Causes of Damaged hair...
1. Heat Styling is a leading cause in damaged hair. Heat cracks hair's cuticle and withdraws moisture-- leaving hair dry and brittle.
2. Hair products having harmful chemicals like bleach, hair dyes, straighteners etc.
3. Harsh shampoo and soap.
4. Bad weather conditions and dust.

Follow some hair care tips to prevent the damaged of hair...
1. Try to do less heat styling. Let your hair be dry normally.
2. Don't go for frequently bleach, hair dyes, etc.
3. Use shampoo like Dove hair rescue as it is very good for hair and leave your hair smooth and silky.
4. Cover your hair to avoid dust to go inside your scalp.

(spam link removed)
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Protect your hair from damage - 10/10/12 07:31 PM
Dear Brandi -

Thank you so much for your tips! I grow my hair out to waist length, then donate it to charity, so it's very important to me to have my hair be healthy and strong. It needs to last the "new owners" as long as it can.

I definitely find my hair does much better now that I use cloth bands to put it in a ponytail, rather than the old style rubbery ones.

An interesting note - I never cut it once it starts growing. So I don't trim the ends, and I don't get split ends. I used to get them when I was younger, when I blow dried my hair. So I think the change is that I no longer do that.
Yes, I would agree that the reason you no longer see split ends is because you are no longer damaging your hair with heat.

I love that you donate your hair. You touch many lives in a positive way when you do this.

You are lucky that your hair will grow to waist length. Many of us do not have such a long growth phase.
© BellaOnline Forums