BellaOnline
As fall approaches so does the abundance of fall vegetables. I love the hard squashes that are available such as butternut and acorn squash. I also go for sweet potatoes, cabbage, eggplant, tomatoes and frying peppers.

What are your favorites this time of year?
Squash, definitely squash.
Brussel Sprouts - love to fry them up with bacon, shallots, and hazlenuts!
When I'm feeling up to it, I make Pumpkin/squash soup. Black bean soup, Clam Chowder (with red-potatoes w/skins).

Fall veggies, though in particular, I kind of like them all. I tend to stick w/root veggies though.

I used to grow my own everything, but I'm in a forrest right now and don't have much sun, so I grow herbs, like basil, parsley, chives, indoors w/a lamp-light.

But anything that makes a good hearty soup and I make my own breads. Oatmeal and if anyone knows what Avanti's is in Bloomington, I make gondola bread as well for subs.

Husband love them. Does Spinach count?" Like if you freeze it for the winter...I'm really good at duplicating restaurant soups, so Mnistrone (sp).

TMI...right, lol?
Never TMI, Elleise! I like all the soups you mentioned, too. All of you ladies have great ideas. I love pretty much all veggies, and any which way they are prepared.
Delicata squash has to be my # 1 pick, pre-bake then fill with curried quinoa then bake again to perfection. Making a coconut squash bisque with it has also been a fav of mine. On the east coast in the middle states we get some great fall fruit that I can't resist, including rarities such as native persimmion and pawpaw. I always enjoy the season more when I find these at a local farmer's market. :-)
© BellaOnline Forums