BellaOnline
Posted By: DeboraD Make an Disaster Survival Kit - 11/07/12 01:05 AM
Disaster can strike any time and any place. Being prepared will increase your chances of survival and ensure you have the items you need in a moment of crisis. Hopefully, none of us will ever need thiis information. But with recent events, being prepared seems like the smart way to go. Please share how you've been helping out with the victims of Superstorm Sandy. If we all help a little, it will mean a lot.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Make an Disaster Survival Kit - 11/07/12 02:40 AM
Yes, I put together a few very elementary emergency backpacks with some water and non-perishable food items. The flashlights need batteries, and I have to dig out the emergency camp blankets. But I am mindful of what I need to do this weekend.

We don't have a lot to donate right now but I will be sending some money to the Salvation Army's fund for the victims of Sandy. I meant to do that last week so thank you for the reminder.
Posted By: Vannie Re: Make an Disaster Survival Kit - 11/09/12 08:18 PM
So true about disaster. A couple of months ago, I admitted to a friend, that I have a small bag packed and stationed near my door because I live in an apartment building. I don't expect anything to happen, but you never know. Sandy has taught us we must be ready.

I Sandy donated funds to the Channel 2/Red Cross effort this week.
© BellaOnline Forums