BellaOnline
Are you considering open adoption? Here are 10 reasons why it might be a good option.

10 Benefits of Open Adoption
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: 10 Benefits of Open Adoption - 10/12/15 12:44 PM
Oh wow Deanna, that was a cool article.

I never knew my birth father - he ran off right after my mom became pregnant with me. So, I had a stepfather in my life, and I did consider him my dad.

But, it would have been nice to know my real father too, because as a child, I believed his reasons for running off were all about me - in reality, the reasons were probably more about debilitating fear.

It sounds like open adoption, even though I can imagine the adoptive parents feeling insecure, it could still be a really good option for the child. No kid wants to feel they were abandoned.
Thank you, Deanna! We had a semi-open adoption with our daughter's birth mom. We exchanged pictures and letters through our adoption agency. I know her birth mom appreciated seeing them, and it helped give her peace with her decision. She has since passed away. Having her photos and letters, along with a few gifts she sent, will always be special.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: 10 Benefits of Open Adoption - 10/12/15 06:09 PM
Oh Deanna, that is so beautiful.

My aunt had to give up a baby she had when she was in high-school. It was the early 1960s, and women just didn't have children "out of wedlock."

In the 1980s her son was able to track her down - and a LOT of healing has happened since then. Wow, it just occurs to me I have a cousin, and I could probably find him on Facebook LOL!
© BellaOnline Forums