BellaOnline
Posted By: JuliaHinton Simple Favourite - 07/09/08 01:37 AM
My favourite dessert of all time has to be fresh fruit salad and natural yogurt or plain icecream.

I add in all the freshest in season fruits all grated or sqeezed-whether I like them or not it tastes awesome, it ends up sloppy not chunky and also add a touch of that fine brown sugar thats super sweet- not much but a small amount just perfects it. I love this in summer.
anyone else have a simple favourite?
Posted By: rachael24 Re: Simple Favourite - 07/10/08 02:40 PM
I hafta agree with you...I love strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries in some vanilla yogurt. Add some granola too!
Posted By: chloe21 Re: Simple Favourite - 07/10/08 05:24 PM
Strawberries with whipped cream would be just fine.
Posted By: Robin - Fragrance Editor Re: Simple Favourite - 08/07/08 02:28 AM
I love pears - my favorite fruit. I can eat them just plain old ripe and juicy....or with a little taste of chocolate and caramel sauce drizzled over the top. Not too much, or it is just too sweet.......
Posted By: cela Re: Simple Favourite - 08/07/08 02:47 AM
Has anyone tried vanilla ice cream with fresh lemon juice squeezed over it? It's yummy. You can also put Chocolate Shell over the lemon juice, and you get a chocolate/citrus jolt. Very good, and simple.

Then, there's vanilla ice cream with honey simply drizzled over it. Good, good.
Posted By: Mexican Food Editor Re: Simple Favourite - 08/09/08 09:38 PM
Definitely a scoop of vanilla ice cream - plain, or topped with fresh fruit, or drizzled with chocolate sauce, or on top of grilled fruit (pineapple, banana, peach) or sprinkled with finely ground coffee, or splashed with a shot of espresso, or...
Posted By: three spices Re: Simple Favourite - 01/20/09 03:50 AM
When I need a chocolate fix, I love cut pineapple with half of each piece dipped in really good dark chocolate. Yum yum !!!
Posted By: Karen - Desserts Re: Simple Favourite - 01/20/09 06:53 AM
I agree - Pineapple is great with chocolate. I do a lot of chocolate fountains for catering jobs and always offer fresh pineapple to dip into the chocolate; guests often eat more pineapple in the chocolate than even strawberries. Grapes are good too.
Posted By: Chelle - Marriage Editor Re: Simple Favourite - 01/20/09 02:23 PM
One of our favorite go-to desserts when we have a get together is to get our fondue pot out, make chocolate fondue (I may invest in a small foiuntain one day)- cut up fresh fruit, marshmallows, pound cake, brownies, and serve vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.

Then people can make their own hot fudge sundaes - or just do fruit and chocolate, ro anybcombo they wish. It's a grownup ice cream bar! grin
© BellaOnline Forums