BellaOnline
*** Benefits of Quitting Smoking ***

� Quitting smoking at any time can make life not only better but also longer.
� If you are pregnant, quitting smoking will improve your chances of having healthy baby.
� You will have extra money to spend on other things than cigarettes
� Studies have shown that more than 25% of US adults smoke and if you are a 45-year-old woman who does smoke, the odds that you�ll die in the next decade are 50 in 1,000
� Although 70% of smokers want to stop smoking and 41% attempt to quit smoking each year, only 2.5% succeed.
� Smoking can restrict the blood supply to the lower spine, leading to chronic back pain, and also can slow recovery from bone surgery.
� Research has determined that heavy cigarette smoking by female smokers doubles the risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis.

So,Quit Smoking now!anr better try NOSMOQ! the Stop-Smoking Cessation Aid Cigarette

E-mail : [email]webmaster@3gcare.co.jp [/email] [email]chrisjoy_16@yahoo.com <br[/email] />Call # Phil.Office :+63-32-412-4084
Fax #: (Japan) : 81-3-5960-5225
Tel # (Japan) : 81-3-5960-5222
Internet phone : 0303-916-770-6031

Address: KAWAI Bldg 6F, 1-32-6, Higashi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-Ku, Tokyo, Japan 170- 0013
That i do agree with,i gave up smoking 13 years ago(will power,no help,i picked a day and stopped)best thing i have ever done and i have not looked back since.
I have been smoking off and on for the past 7 years. I have tried cold turkey but I get so anxious and jittery I give in and go buy a pack. My fiance' tries to be supportive but I end up snapping at him, bless his heart. Has anyone tried any products like patches? I tried the gum but it is so nasty.
Quote:
I have been smoking off and on for the past 7 years. I have tried cold turkey but I get so anxious and jittery I give in and go buy a pack. My fiance' tries to be supportive but I end up snapping at him, bless his heart. Has anyone tried any products like patches? I tried the gum but it is so nasty.

The mint gum isn't bad. The problem with me is that I got addicted to it! I don't like the idea of patches putting nicotine in your system 24/7. You don't even do that when you smoke.
Posted By: healtheditor Helpful articles on quitting smoking - 05/10/05 03:36 AM
For more information and helpful articles to quit smoking please cut and paste the following link into your browser and it will take you to the correct location.

http://www.ghi.com/members/health/nosmoke/index.html
I admire your strength : )
Posted By: stev Re: Helpful articles on quitting smoking - 12/05/05 10:32 AM
Smoking also effects your sexual life.Harmful effects of Smoking on your sexual health includes....

� Reduction in volume of ejaculation
� Reduction in sperm count
� Abnormal sperm shape
� women who smoke take longer to conceive: the
chances of conception are reduced by up to 40% per
cycle
� men and women who smoke may have a poorer response
to fertility treatment

**************How to Quit Smoking***************

� Cut down on Caffeine. Your body is detoxifying and caffeine has a greater impact on causing nervousness.
� Drink more water to flush nicotine from your body.
� Walk briskly for half an hour a day. You'll be more positive, burn up stress and calories and develop more energy and endurance.
� Breathe slowly and deeply, in through your nose, fully expanding your chest. Breathe out through your mouth. Do this about 6 times.
� Use your plumbing. If you feel like crying, cry and let it out. If you feel angry, give a powerful yell or hit a pillow and feel better with the release.
� Recovery time: if your body wants 12 hours of sleep to heal, make time for it.
� Cleanse your body, hands, breath, clothes, hair, car and home of traces of smoke as much as possible. Throw away ashtrays, lighters, etc.
� Place as elastic on your wrist. If you crave a cigarette, pull the elastic and give yourself a sting. This will help decondition the cravings.
� Place cigarettes in a large pop bottle with water. If you feel like a cigarette, smell the bottle odor. This will turn you off from cigarettes.
� Should you by chance have 1 cigarette, do not feel you have "blown the program". There is no need to feel angry or guilty. Just learn from the mistake, to achieve 100% success. Guilt or self-blame only makes people smoke more.
© BellaOnline Forums