BellaOnline
Did you see it? What did you think? I noticed that it looks like she sang live. I think this is because of all of the negative feedback saying she lip sang at the President's inauguration

I'm a Beyonce fan so I'm a little biased but I think that her performance was very entertaining. I especially liked the fact that she brought on her old Destiny's Child pals.
I haven't watched a Football game since Jim Kelly retired. As far as Beyonce goes I'm not a fan. And normally I say that making a big deal out of someone maybe lip synching or lip synching for real is wrong but in this case they were right. That woman keeps on saying that she is talented and has self-confidence so if she really is talented and really has self-confidence she would not lip sync and she won't care what other people thinks of her. And also someone who has talent and self-confidence does not keep on saying that they are talented and they have self-confidence. The same goes for when you are supposedly the most beautiful woman on Earth, you don't get photoshopped to the point where you look like someone else since you are beautiful and love yourself so much.
I'm not a fan and did not care for the half-time show at all. I was not impressed. In addition, I'd rather see women dress with class for these performances instead of looking like they are half dressed. I guess these shows cater more to the male audience, but to me it was a turn off and almost embarrassing.
Nancy and Debbie...I definitely respect your opinions and I appreciate another perspective to the half-time show.

I'm not sure if she sung live at the inauguration or not but I would think that she sung live and just had a track running in the background. Either way, I enjoyed her performance that day as well.

I think she is gorgeous but I've never heard anything about her saying that she was the most beautiful woman on Earth.

I agree that she was a bit scantly clad dressed for the show but her primary fan base approves of her style of dress. She's pretty consistent and dresses almost identical at most of her concerts and performances. She wears stockings under her bikini thing and I wasn't offended at all.

One of the things that I love about this website, is having the ability to learn new things and hear different perspectives from my peers!
I am not a prude, but in a world where not much is left to the imagination anymore I long for times when people had more respect for themselves and the way they dress. I don't think Beyonce sets a good example for the younger crowd that follows her music. I never cared for this performer's music or her style of dress.

I don't think women in general need to have their thighs and almost everything else hanging out be noticed or to be respected. I don't find showing so much of yourself in public attractive, because it appears that all a woman is trying to do by this is to get male attention, like being in a meat market. My girlfriends who saw this half-time show feel the same as I do. I am sure not one man was offended.

There's no need to dress up to your neck like in Victorian times, but I really don't want to see so much skin on anybody in public, male or female, unless I am on the beach.

As the years go by performers wear less and less. Standards for class, like many other things, have dropped considerably.

Just my two cents...
I never get offended by what other people wear or do not wear but I do get mad at people like Beyonce who goes around saying that they do not need sex to sell their music (or whatever else depending on who it is) and then is almost always half naked when performing and not performing (from what i can see the only time shes dressed is when its cold). That woman is an hypocrite in addition of having an ugly personality. At least she has talent (for singing) so she has that compared to other women like her (Jennifer Anniston, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna, Maria Sharapova). And hearing (or reading) people say that she is beautiful always makes me feel better about how I look like (like all the others i named), if that's what we are supposed to look like when we are beautiful then I sure am glad to be ugly!
I have Beyonce moments. I only caught a glimpse of her superbowl performance, what I saw was good. I thought she wore more than she normally does...LOL...

Lip sync or not, it's her voice. I don't think entertainers can dance the way they do and sing at the same time for sustained periods of time and concert goers want entertainment. For some attendees it's about the dancing and movement on stage as it is the singing.

I agree Beyonce is not for everybody. We all have our favs :-)
I too am not against lip synchic. When you dance like Britney Spears and Madonna then you have to lip sync at some point at least. Madonna has been doing shows for decades and she still has to lip sync on some songs. But with Beyonce at the inaugural she only had one song to do and she was not dancing (i dont even call what she does dancing..its mostly shaking her body sexually then dancing) plus if you listen to her she has self-confidence and talent so why lip sync? Anyways, she can sing at least so she does not get on my nerves so much compared to others and I don't see or hear about her as much as the others.
I couldn't agree more Dianne!
I couldn't agree more Dianne!
© BellaOnline Forums