BellaOnline
Posted By: Maria - Prime Time TV Shameless Review - 02/03/13 08:12 PM
Shameless is a Showtime original original series that definitely pushes the envelope. This show, which surrounds a single father and his 6 kids is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Shameless Review
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Shameless Review - 02/05/13 02:42 PM
I've seen this show and--wow--you are right that it is not for the faint of heart. It is raw and gripping. There is a sector of society that lives the way they do out of necessity. It is sad how they must resort to all they do just to survive. Like go "shopping" for toilet paper by breaking open the public restroom toilet dispensers or selling bogus parking spaces.

We can turn our eyes away but it doesn't mean that this type of life doesn't exist.

People need opportunities to better themselves. Education, employment. Unfortunately, the faster way to bring in a buck is the illegal way. As Lip said to Fiona, "the only way people like us can make money is to steal it or scam it."

Gosh, there are no quick and easy answers to help families in these situations. Lip is brilliant and offered scholarships but he won't take them because he has to help feed and support his family and college takes too long. Minimum wage is a joke to him.
Posted By: Maria - Prime Time TV Re: Shameless Review - 02/10/13 11:51 AM
Lori,

I agree. Although the show is very humorous to me, it's humbling to know that it's a real way of life for some.
© BellaOnline Forums