BellaOnline
Posted By: Teppy EZ3 Quilting Frame - 09/16/10 04:30 AM
Can any please tell me if they have purchased the EZ3 Quilting Frame by Grace and if so are you happy with it.
Posted By: jackyquilts Re: EZ3 Quilting Frame - 09/18/10 08:51 AM
I acquired a Grace frame last year. I had two problem with it - first, it took up too much space in my sewing area. The second and more serious issue for me was the small throat area. I could only quilt about 6-8 inches before I had to reposition the layers. This made it difficult to make large quilt pattern designs. I "passed it on" to another quilter who had the same issues.
Posted By: Teppy Re: Z44 Quilting Frame - 09/23/10 07:06 PM
I am now looking at the Z44 instead of the EZ3 frame. It has a work area of 14" and is flexible from a crigb size quilt up to a King size quilt. It is a little more expensive, but I think the extra cost will be worth it. It also folds down to 15" hight which is great and can fit under some beds, if there is a need to get it out of the way.

If anyone has a Grace Z44 frame, can they please advise what they think of it. As I am a hand quilter, and have always done it by hand, I am just finding it harder as I get older to lift the large quilts around whilst quilting. I do not want to go to machine quilting as I really like the hand quilting, so hence my enquiring about a frame.
© BellaOnline Forums