BellaOnline
Hi everyone, I'm back from holidays and getting through the mail I've recieved during my absence. Jan from Western Australia has asked me if I know how to fix a warped cutting board, that has lost it's shape whilst in a hot car.

I'm not aware of a "fix" for this problem, any readers out there know how Jan can repair her expensive cutting board?

Cheerio for now
Hi there, Welcome Home Judie, I have heard that some ladies have had sucess by putting their warped cutting mat in the sun on a very flat surface (eg concrete path) with a piece of glass or flat heavy object on top. No guarantees of course but even if you can't get it all flat cut it down to a smaller size and glue to a board the same size for a great little cutting mat for scrappy cutting. NEVER throw out a warped cutting mat there is always a part that can be saved. Happy Stitching Penny
I too have had s friend use the sun when we lived in the high desert. When it is 100 degrees outside it worked great. However I used the jacuzzi. I put it in the jacuzzi till it was soft and then laid it on the flat ground worked great. If needed you can weigh it down. If you don't have a way to a jacuzzi try the tub with hot water.
See, and your significant other probably worried that hot tub would never get used! ;-) That's a very cool, home-brew fix for something. I'll had to try that with some warp, wooden trays I have. The sun thing didn't work for me!
© BellaOnline Forums