BellaOnline
Posted By: Judie Quilting Editor Free Patterns for you - 03/25/09 01:09 AM
Hi everyone, It's great to be back after our break. I missed being in touch with you guys. I see you've been busy solving all sorts of problems - good on you girls, quilters really are the best problem solvers in the world!!

I'm wondering what free pattern themes you would like me to source for you from the web. I'm sure you have some special subjects you'd like me to source for you.

Also, any ideas for projects you'd like me to present to you during 2009? Let me know here.

Cheerio for now
Posted By: weasle588 Re: Free Patterns for you - 03/25/09 02:42 AM
Hi. I was interested in your free pattern ideas. I am making a quilt for my granddaughter and what I had in mind is the ocean at the bottom(with waves), dolphins jumping out of the water, the sun just coming up over the ocean and a blue sky. I have been working on it for a few weeks and just can't seem to come up with what I want. Do you think you could help. Thank you Barbie
Posted By: Sweetgranny Re: Free Patterns for you - 03/25/09 09:05 AM
Hi, I'm new here and just starting to quilt. I would love to see your free patterns and learn from all of you. It would be interesting to see what all you make. Hugs Sweetgranny
Posted By: GrannyH Re: Free Patterns for you - 03/25/09 04:06 PM
I wanted to say 'Welcome' to Weasle and Sweetgranny. Hope you enjoy what is offered here.

Judie, as far as Free Patterns and I are concerned, I still have so much to finish that I don't want any temptations. I like to look at patterns, but I don't want to find anything that I'd like to make.

I think you are an excellent teacher, and maybe you could make sure all the 'How-to's' and 'New to Quilting Hints' are covered here - like my previous question about sashing. Just my thoughts.

I also wanted to wish you a speedy recovery from your vacation. Did you have an overall 'good' time? smirk

GrannyH
Posted By: GrannyH Re: Free Patterns for you - 03/25/09 07:58 PM
Weasle588, I thought your description rang a bell, so I went looking. There is a quilt on the order of what you're making in the February 2009 issue of Quilters-World magazine. The name of the quilt is 'Sunset Frolic' The water is dark blues and purples, the sky is sunset colors - reds, oranges, yellows. (This pattern may be available from Quilters-world.com) Hope this helps you. GrannyH
Posted By: Donna Rae Re: Free Patterns for you - 03/25/09 10:54 PM
Well I am kind of into applique and making purses now. But I also like finding quicker projects too. I am always looking for quilt as you go. Now that is a hard one to find. Have found a couple but that is about it. I like all kinds of sewing/quilting so I am pretty easy to please. (-:
Posted By: Alexia K. Re: Free Patterns for you - 03/26/09 12:45 PM
I love that patterns.
Posted By: WalkingGranny Re: Free Patterns for you - 04/18/09 07:53 PM
Hi all...a friend of mine started me quilting about 2 years ago. I had to give up crotcheting because of carpral tunnel. Hands would go numb. So far I've made 2, one for my granddaughter and one for my son and his wife. They were very simple patterns but lovely when finished. Judie..if you can find any easy to do patterns suitable for a baby I would appreciate it. My son has informed me that he and his wife are trying to start their family. Nothing in the oven yet, but quilts take a while and I'd like to be prepared. I can always wrap it in a blanket bag for safe keeping. I won't have time to work on it until I'm done with school in the fall...but if I have a pattern I can purchase the material and get pieces cut ahead of time.
© BellaOnline Forums