BellaOnline
I love needletturn applique the best out of all the genres of quilting. I also like crazy patchwork but needleturn takes first place in my heart.

I wonder what genre you enjoy most? Is is machine piecing, foundation, making yo-yo's? Let's get a conversation going about the different genres and which ones you are passionate about. Hop on here and tell us about your favorite quilting passion.

cheerio for now
Posted By: Toni Kay Re: What's your favorite quilting genre? - 01/18/12 01:30 PM
I love the precision of paper piecing. With it my points are always perfect. It certainly takes longer, but the result is worth it in the end.
Iagree Toni Kay, foundation piecing is really accurate. Some quilters think that they waste fabric using this method, but I figure if you get it perfect the first time, it's worth a little more fabric.

I have recently received a great Foundation Piecing book by Carol Doak, on SQUARE mariners compass. Love it Love it Love it!

Cheerio for now
Posted By: Poranui Re: What's your favorite quilting genre? - 01/19/12 03:37 AM
I just love stained glass quilting, not the sort that uses bias tape. I try and turn as many projects as possible into this type of quilting. I learned needle turn from Judie and that would be my second choice as it's so transportable.
OK Poranui, you'v got me stumped. Tell us how you create your stained glass without bias. I'm intrigued.

Cheerio for now

Judie B
© BellaOnline Forums