BellaOnline
Posted By: gammy colour run - 04/24/11 10:56 AM
I have just completed a blue quilt and it has run into the white when washed. I used cold water but have a major disaster. any hints to rescue it???
Posted By: Judie Quilting Editor Re: colour run - 04/24/11 08:58 PM
Hi Gammy, I live in Oz, but you might be able to buy the same products where you are. In the laundry section of the supermarket there are a number of products that can take a stain away. One of the products is called Synthrapol soap. It is used by quilters to get rid of bleeding. Another product is called OxyClean, that I've had recommended.

Perhaps other quilters know of other products that will help? Please let me and Gammy know, it's great information for all.
Cheerio for now

Posted By: gammy Re: colour run - 04/24/11 09:29 PM
Thanks Julie I am on the sunshine coast so will be out looking for your suggested products tomorrow Cheers Deb
Posted By: Kokomo Re: colour run - 04/27/11 11:05 PM
There is a product made by RITZ dyes called RUNAWAY that has always worked for me. Don't know if you can find it where you live or not.
Posted By: Judie Quilting Editor Re: colour run - 04/28/11 10:46 PM
Hey Deb, Runawy is available at Coles supermarkets. Happy washing!!

Cheerio for now
Posted By: Bethol Re: colour run - 05/01/11 11:53 AM
I live in Australia and you dont need any brand product just natural yoghurt painted on to the colour run and allow to sit over night and then wash it out and voila the run will be gone
Posted By: Judie Quilting Editor Re: colour run - 05/03/11 03:56 AM
Whoa, Bethol, fantastic advice, go girl!! I'm going to try it myself too!

Cheerio for now

Posted By: gammy Re: colour run - 05/06/11 12:35 PM
Thanks everyone I did rescue the quilt with a commercial product but will remember the yohurt in future Cheers Deb
Posted By: Tuculia, Daughters Editor Re: colour run - 05/06/11 01:00 PM
Hi

The yoghurt does work well on stains. I have had the pleasure during emergencies and I'm glad you were able to remove the stain.
© BellaOnline Forums