BellaOnline
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Job Fairs and Bad Weather - 04/15/14 04:17 PM
The snow is finally over, for most of us. Today, however, it's pouring rain and the wind is whipping everything in sight. Let's say there is a job fair today for a huge retailer opening in the area. Granted, they will be holding the job fair two more days.

Would you decide not to go the job fair because of the weather or would you go? And why?
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Job Fairs and Bad Weather - 10/13/17 11:49 AM
I would go anyway. I have never stopped myself from doing something I was supposed to because of the weather. It is insane to stop yourself from doing something important because you do not like the weather. Weather will always change and you cannot not go to work because you do not like that it is raining or snowing or there are strong winds a work morning. This is why I am always angry when I hear about schools closing due to weather, that never happened when I was young!
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Job Fairs and Bad Weather - 10/17/17 07:55 PM
Thank you sharing. I can't say that I get "angry" at schools or businesses for closing since the safety of our employees and students is important, but there have been times I have questioned their decision. I'm glad to read that you would go anyway, that is the sign of someone who really wants the job.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Job Fairs and Bad Weather - 11/23/17 06:38 PM
In the past nothing would close just because there was snow or rain and yet people would arrive safely and go back home safely too. Of course if it becomes a tornado or something like that then it is for sure different but rain and snow is not a disaster unless you live where it is the first time snowing or raining. The Winters in my province would start in September and end in April and with the first snow there would be several feet of snow and in April too that amount of snow and yet no school closings and no other closings either. Of course common sense still existed in those days too.
© BellaOnline Forums