BellaOnline
Posted By: M o e Too Fat to Work - 03/13/08 08:12 PM
I received an email from a woman who has been having a hard time finding work in her field. She feels discrimated against because of her size (especially by men) despite being qualified for the positions she has applied and been interviewed for.

Have you ever felt discriminated against during an interview or did you feel you were refused employment because of your weight? What about employment agencies?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: To Fat to Work - 03/16/08 02:12 AM
Sean -

I checked out your other posts to make sure you weren't a deliberate flame-poster, but calling anybody a "fatty" is not appreciated in any context. I almost get a sense from your posts that you post brief 1-2 line posts to promote your blog rather than for any other reason. Please respond so we can get a sense if you are a spammer or if you actually meant something with this above post.
Posted By: M o e Re: To Fat to Work - 03/16/08 02:50 AM
I actually thought that last week when I saw the posts. I just deleted it. Thanks for the counter post Lisa.
Posted By: Ambient Night Re: To Fat to Work - 03/16/08 02:54 AM
Unfortunately this happens often.... I think that is the reason I went into business for myself. Not only am I a bigger girl but I have mobility issues also. Try being full figured and reliant on a service dog in the job market...
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: To Fat to Work - 11/24/15 04:36 PM
There are jobs where you need to be in shape and this is not discrimination it is reality. I do not know if this was the case with the woman in question since it is not said in which field she was trying to find a job.
© BellaOnline Forums