BellaOnline
Posted By: 1PrincessLydia Ugg Boots - 10/22/04 05:56 PM
Hi Moe and everyone,

Here's a fashion topic that apparently is a little controversial. It's about those Ugg "Classic Collection" boots, made of sheep skin and, let's face it, pretty frumpy. (Or do you disagree?)

Personally, I hate them - on ANY size woman, unless you really are in Alaska out for a walk, or wandering around a ski lodge, etc. But for the city? And in Southern California? With a mini skirt??

They make me say the name - "Ug." (OK, I guess they have a pretty good marketing strategy with that name thing . . )

Here's a pic:

And here is an interesting article just bashing them. You'll notice that there is some talk here of them looking good, or being "pulled off" at least, by tiny women, but looking terrible on normal size women.

http://nyobserver.com/pages/story.asp?ID=8415

Thoughts?
Posted By: M o e Re: Ugg Boots - 10/23/04 06:38 PM
Actually, I like them. Well. They look cosy. I live in a cold climate. I can't say I'd wear them if I live in California where they seem to be the biggest rave. I can't remember who was wearing the first pair I saw but she was wearing jeans and a pink pair and I just loved it. I might also add that I hate pink so was doubly surprised I liked them.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Ugg Boots - 12/25/15 12:22 AM
I think these boots looks good but since these are made of animal parts I never bought any but I did get imitations that looked as good as the originals and they also were not made of animals.
Posted By: CassieLyons Re: Ugg Boots - 05/06/16 06:07 PM
I don't like Ugg boots. They look frumpy and more like slipper boots than out in public boots.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Ugg Boots - 07/14/16 11:20 AM
I don't get Ugg boots. Why are they so popular?
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Ugg Boots - 08/15/16 12:41 PM
I have no idea either. It seems anyone anywhere can say this is the thing to have then everyone goes crazy about it and gets it then laughs at the people who do not have it!
© BellaOnline Forums