BellaOnline
Posted By: M o e The Fatkini Bikini Revolution - 05/18/13 05:11 PM
Quote:
What does all this tummy roll bearing mean for plus size women this summer? For the most part I think it will mean a lot of burnt tummies as women forget to add the extra sunscreen. For many other women it will mean building up a thick skin for naysayers...

Read The Fatkini Bikini Revolution

Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: The Fatkini Bikini Revolution - 06/24/13 11:39 AM
I think these "fatkinis" are spectacular.
I thought the pics were quite lovely. However... I look nothing like these models. Even though they are larger, they still have modelesque (Yeh, I made up that word) bodies. Those swimsuits would never look like that on me.
Posted By: M o e Re: The Fatkini Bikini Revolution - 06/29/13 11:34 PM
Hi Chelle,

It is not about looking like the models. It's about looking like yourself and having the choice to wear a bikini or not.

Cheers!
Moe
I am so happy fatkinis are becoming more and more popular. I have been wearing fatkinis for 6 years now. It is only this summer that there are MANY other folks sporting fatkinis at the public pool. It's not just me and the occasional (maybe) two people now. It makes me very happy! Michelle, I totally agree that many of the on-line suppliers of fatkinis display models of a certain body type. On the other hand, I do see bodies of various sizes and shapes while doing a Fatkini search on Tumblr or Instagram outside that norm. I think this is what is changing things. xo
© BellaOnline Forums