BellaOnline
Posted By: babak Toilet (WC) direction - 05/24/07 12:17 PM
Muslims recognized "Kaebeh" in Mecca, Saudi Arabia as house of God and in any part of the world we have to pray faced to "Kaebeh" and it's a sin if anybody urinate or sit in Toilet in such direction; hence all the toilets (WC) must be built with 90 degree to this direction.
Two days ago I saw a castle named Roodkhaneh in net that is in North of Iran,
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Toilet (WC) direction - 05/24/07 05:57 PM
beautiful place. I do know some muslims are raising a fuss at Northwestern in IL because some of the WC are facing the wrong way and they want the university to chang ALL them.
Posted By: freespirit Re: Toilet (WC) direction - 05/24/07 08:18 PM
LOL good luck with that!! what is WC?
Posted By: Lady J Re: Toilet (WC) direction - 05/24/07 08:21 PM
water closet (where the toilet is)
Posted By: Julie - Computer Careers Re: Toilet (WC) direction - 05/25/07 12:12 AM
That's very interesting! I'd have to question toilet direction as a method of dating buildings though. As I recall, in the early days of Islam, people prayed facing the temple in Jerusalem, like the Jews. I'd guess that it took a while from the decision to pray facing Mecca for people to decide that that made that a special direction in general as well.
Posted By: babak Re: Toilet (WC) direction - 05/29/07 11:58 AM
Jase
It's so interesting and weird when see educated people in university still follow such fanatics.

Julie
Yeah right Jerusalem was the first Muslim Kiblah for short time in 10 first years of Islam I think and Mohammad turned it to Kaaba (Mecca) when he was in Medina. I heard it was because a lot of Jewish lived in Medina on that time and he cared they boasted of that. Mohammad hoped to converted Jews to Islam but it never happened so ��..

Additional things that you have to know is that in toilet (WC) must not tell the name of God either and a Muslim (Shiite I know) should enter to "WC" with left feet. Washing outlets in definite way that I guess you aren't interesting more! lol
© BellaOnline Forums