BellaOnline
I am truly bothered by the issue of used medicine bottles.
1. They are heavy duty plastic - and no recycling information is provided.
2. Personal information is on the label - making discarding in the garbage problematical
3. I have yet to find a legitimate (i.e. one I can justify!) craft use for the darned things!

WHAT do you do with your bottles? Any ideas? Comments? Suggestions?
I would call the pharmacy and ask them what you should do. Maybe they can even dispose of them for you.
I take the label off my empty bottles and destroy them. I wash and use the bottles to keep sewing needles or tacks in. If I just have too many bottles, I take them back to the pharmacy and they discard them.
I use them for spices (at home for loose spices purchased, and also smaller amounts for travel spice kits).

Also travel kits for bathroom/health items. You can stuff a lot of cotton balls in them, and the longer ones are great for q-tips. Good for traveling with vitamins and OTC meds without having to bring the whole big jar along.

I also use them for travel sizes of lotion and many other toiletries like sunscreen, aloe vera, toothpaste, Vaseline. Those lids are SOLID!

Good for office supplies for traveling as well - paper clips, staples, pins and tacks, pencil leads, a sewing kit.

I also try to get my meds in 90 day supplies instead of monthly, which saves on a lot of bottle waste.

Anything left over I do this - I clean them and remove the labels, place them in a quart ziplock bag and then, with a sharpie, I write on the bag - For Crafts. Then i drop them off at Goodwill. I do the same with wine corks, BTW. Crafty people can find all kinds of uses for such things. smile
I just switched to Sam's Club three month program - many drugs now available at $10 for a 90 day supply! So yeah, that does cut down on waste. Craft and cosmetic use is great too - I do some jewelry making, and that will be handy. Thanks for the ideas!
Here are some online resources of ideas of where/how to recycle plastic medicine bottles:
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
I created a tutorial for whipup.net for using these as storage. [url=http://kundhicreative.com/lincolnblog/?p=565]Link here.[/url]
I use them for beads and needles.
They work pretty good for storing coins depending on the size of the bottles. I think coins store better in them than in coin wrappers.
© BellaOnline Forums