BellaOnline
Posted By: Jay Shaffstall Your Favorite RPG System? - 05/10/08 01:14 PM
We haven't discussed gaming systems in our "favorites" threads, so how about it? What gaming system (for role playing games) do you like the best? What is it about that system that makes you love it?

My favorites change, but right now I think that QAGS would be my favorite. It's a nice simple system that uses one game mechanic for resolving any conflict, whether it's combat or political debate or counting social coup. It allows some freeform descriptions in character creation, but provides enough structure that you don't get paralyzed trying to figure out what to do.

Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Your Favorite RPG System? - 05/10/08 03:27 PM
I have a couple. My faves are the old Castlevania games on Nintendo 64 and the Resident Evil series but my all time favorite is on the PS1 and is called Harvest Moon: Back to Nature

It's a nice relaxing game where you have build up a farm that was left to you by your uncle and has become dilapidated.

You have to buy seeds to grow crops to make money and build up your house, barn and chicken coop. You want to get one of the girls from the village to like you enough to marry you.

You can participate in festivals, put crops and fruits in your refrigerator along with milk and cheese from your cows and eggs from your chickens. You can create recipes and dishes with them and sell them or give them to people in the village.

Too much stuff to list here to do. It is made by Natsume and is fun. Oh yeah you have three years to make your farm productive or you will be kicked out of the village and the game will be over. A year consists of four seasons with thirty days in each season.
Posted By: njtriant Re: Your Favorite RPG System? - 05/10/08 06:29 PM
Well i am more comfortable with the d10 system. I have to admit that i haven't played enough with the other systems but never really understood what thaco was and how it was used or what it did...you see my point. The d10 of l5r 1st, 2nd & 3rd editions are my systems.
Posted By: Jay Shaffstall Re: Your Favorite RPG System? - 05/10/08 10:12 PM
THAC0 was one of those mysterious 2nd edition AD&D topics. You really had to play the game to understand it, but even then I was left scratching my head over, "Why did they do it that way?".
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Your Favorite RPG System? - 05/10/08 10:26 PM
I grew up with traditional D&D so so I still adore that, even though it could get sort of complex smile
© BellaOnline Forums