BellaOnline
Posted By: bricore Milk into plastic beads? - 08/28/07 11:22 PM
I am not sure if I am the ONLY person out here that didn't know that you could take milk and turn it into plastic and make beads out of it but you can.

I did a short post about it today on my blog. Now, my beads are NOT dry yet but I'll post pictures once they are.

Does anyone else do this to make beads on here?

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: ShalasBeads Re: Milk into plastic beads? - 09/06/07 02:19 PM
I can honestly say I've never heard of that. Sounds like a lot of fun!
Posted By: bricore Re: Milk into plastic beads? - 09/06/07 04:52 PM
It is really. My daughter helped out. Some people say it's not a real "PLASTIC" but others have told me there is all kinds of different plastic.

I think what it is called casein. It does make neat little cheap beads tho. For us it's just about free because we have dairy goats.

Just a fun little project to do with my family that my daughter can now wear too!

Dora Renee' WIlkerson
Posted By: ShalasBeads Re: Milk into plastic beads? - 09/06/07 07:35 PM
My daughter is pirate crazy, and she really enjoyed making the hair clip I posted today. I was thinking what a neat way for her to make skull beads.

I know there are knitting needles made from casein, I've got a couple sets that are older then me. Is it the same sort of thing do you think? Where with care, they can last decades?
I was reading your blog, it's really enjoyable, I'd love to try making cheese sometime but it looks like a lot of work!
Posted By: bricore Re: Milk into plastic beads? - 09/14/07 07:08 PM
Soft cheese is pretty easy to make. Cottage cheese (well vinegar cottage cheese) is done the same way you make those beads. If, you don't want to use vinegar you can use lemon juice too.

Cream cheese is really easy to make. I think I posted how I did it on my blog but if not there is a wonderful lady that did a video on it on you-tube. The hardest part on Cream cheese is just the wait! Homemade cream cheese is so much better then the store stuff (it's softer too. Better for spreads!)

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

© BellaOnline Forums