BellaOnline
Posted By: DrGwenn Any good cookbooks for kids - 07/31/06 02:53 PM
Any one know of good cookbooks for kids? My grandmother game me two when I was 8 that I still have - The Pooh Cookbook and Kim's Cookbook for Young People. Both are still great but really outdated - lookin' for something a bit more modern.
Posted By: Meg_Homeschooling Re: Any good cookbooks for kids - 08/01/06 01:59 AM
We had one once upon a time that I sold during a period of financial disaster, but I wish I still had it!

i dont recall the name of it but it's sold in homeschool circles and someone out there has to know the name of it. It had a blue cover and was the size of large index cards, and bound horizontal like the index cards. It was simply called cooking for kids or something like that. It had everything form the very simple (making a PB&J) to an entire dinner, step by step and in words and pictures. I wish I could remember the name, I'm going to try to find out!

A good book is Emeril's There's a Chef in My Family. My 7 yr old received this for christmas a few years ago and we've made almost everything in it, even the complicated receipes aren't. It's kind of pricey but if you buy it through scholastic mail order it's cheaper.

Meg
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Any good cookbooks for kids - 08/01/06 03:45 PM
I have the Betty Crocker Cookbook for Kids. It has great pics and graphical instructions.
Posted By: DrGwenn Re: Any good cookbooks for kids - 08/02/06 04:27 PM
Those are great ideas. I'll check them out next time I'm at Barnes and Nobel. My 8 year old has her bday next week and loves to cook. Thought it would be cool to get her her own cookbook.
Posted By: ACC Re: Any good cookbooks for kids - 08/02/06 08:13 PM
Ive got a cookbook that is called 'SOS cooking' its a cookbook that in a sense tells you how to make everything quickly and easily, i use it lots and im 16 :-) but my little sis has got 'cooking with barbie' lol thats good for making cakes etc i dont know if your 8 yr old is into that but my lil sis love it :-)
Posted By: DrGwenn Re: Any good cookbooks for kids - 08/03/06 12:22 PM
I'll check those out! My daughter has moved from Barbie dolls to superheros these days...
Posted By: ACC Re: Any good cookbooks for kids - 08/03/06 08:30 PM
like your avatar, miss america :-) well good luck finding those cook books and happy birthday in advance :-)
Posted By: Jen_CFK_Editor Re: Any good cookbooks for kids - 08/04/06 09:57 PM
Hi!

This is a great topic. I love the Annabel Karmel cookbooks. (They're my daughter's fav.!) And I've also always like the Usborne ones, because they have great step-by-step pictures. I have the Williams-Sonoma one, The Kids' Cookbook , too. It's pretty good and includes a wide range of meals and pictures.

Enjoy your daughter's birthday! What a great idea to get her a cookbook - something you can enjoy together! Are you planning a party? Enjoy!

Warmly,
Jen
© BellaOnline Forums