BellaOnline
Posted By: Molly Sebastian 'Reduce, Re-use,Recycle' - 04/20/12 03:25 PM
If we adopted the 'Reduce, Re-use, Recycle' policy in our homes, it would do all of us and the world a lot of good.

Use re-usable items wherever possible, replace kitchen paper towels,facial tissues, sandwich bags, disposable food wrappers etc. with cloth napkins, hand-kerchiefs, re-usable lunch boxes and food storage containers. This helps reducing expenses too - even if in a small way!!!

Revamp old outfits and use as new.

Take periodic stock of what you have in your closet and kitchen cupboard to help recycling or re-using what you have!!!

Would anyone like to share their tips on this one???? Let us hear from you please!!!
Posted By: Jilly Re: 'Reduce, Re-use,Recycle' - 04/24/12 12:12 AM
One thing i have eliminated is paper towels and paper napkins. I just use washcloths, handtowels and rags from old clothes to wipe my hands, clean the counters, or pick up spilt milk.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: 'Reduce, Re-use,Recycle' - 01/31/17 07:18 PM
I recycle everything even if it is minuscule. And since we finally have compost I always use either a tissue or paper towel to wipe everything that had food in. For water I have always done my part like when I brush my teeth I close the water when I do not need it, I do not even remember not doing that when very young. And there's many more things I do for the environment.

I wish I would have something that recycle all the used water to then send to the toilet. I also wish my electricity would come from solar or and wind.
© BellaOnline Forums