BellaOnline
Today is Wednesday, it has been grey and raining since Friday. It feels like it is truly affecting my disposition. It feels like everything went wrong on Monday and that I have relived the horror again on Tuesday and today.

It's hard, but I know I need to shake this feeling and get back at it. Anyone else feel like they are affected by the weather? I know they are calling for snow tomorrow, though it may not happen, I feel like it would at least break this feeling from the cold, damp rain.

Breathing deep, shaking the stress and forging forward.
Join me? :-)
Tell me about it Dianne. There is just something in the cloudy sky, filled with the weary dampness that the rain brings as it beats down on the ground below that seems to have a profound affect on our moods thus causing a chain reaction that leaves us spiraling out of control as we become engulfed in the endless gloom. It's like being in perfect harmony with the gloominess of the day and feeling drained as it progresses, leaving with the feeling of dread that can only be brightened with a hot bath, good book, or a nice long nap; hoping for veil to lift as the sun shines through and returns us to a sense of normality.
Darlene,
You have so eloquently stated everything I was feeling, but could not put into words. Thank you for that. It was a bit better today now that the sun poked through for a few minutes before the promised snow fall (a change at least from the rain).

Still a lot going on and challenges being presented, but definitely feels a bit more manageable today.
Dianne, Thank you so much for your kind observation. I have always enjoyed adding a creative flair in my writings. It never ceases to amaze me how words can easily flow into the illustration of one's soul or how such detailed descriptions enables you to not only feel like you are there, but are actually experiencing what is being read. I am glad to hear that the sun has enlightened your mood and given you the sense of strength and control that you need to prove a more promising day.
Posted By: smitthe Re: Are you feeling affected by the weather? - 01/19/13 01:18 PM
Writing is the skill and Dianne you really have very good writing skills.Keep posting.Your findings are very helpful to keep me updated specially about weather.
Cloudy conditions, less daylight, raw and cold, raining or snowing.....just winter in general. I don't care for any of it, and all I want are some sunny and warm spring days to feel alive and happy again.
Posted By: djesse Re: Are you feeling affected by the weather? - 02/18/13 08:41 AM
[quote=Debbie-SpiritualityEditor] I want are some sunny and warm spring days to feel alive and happy again. [/quote] I too myself can be more alive and happier during sunny weather, when it would be rainy or winter, somehow I feel down also.
i'm very easy to be affected by weather, in the rainy day, i always feel anxiety and sad, now, i really want to learn how to control my emotion.
Posted By: Shane22 Re: Are you feeling affected by the weather? - 02/24/13 02:38 AM
Thanks for post.
Yes, I am affected by the seasons & the weather. The snow has been beautiful this season, a trip to the south gave me added Vitamin D, & now that there are more light hours in the day--it seems to be more mood lifting for myself & others I have noticed.
My mood is also affected by the weather. I feel sad if it rains so hard. I feel lonely staying at home and the cold weather makes me feel lazy to do anything but to lie down.
yes,my feeling is easy affected by the weather.when it is to hot ,i 'll become very irritable,when it's raining ,i 'll feel blue.i don't know how it happen?
My mood is really affected by the hot weather. I get short tempered and cranky!
I get nasty migraines when there are thunderstorms about - and we have had them nonstop this summer!

So I have been really irritable and drained lately. Summer is actually one of my wort seasons for my Depression. Which is normally the opposite for most people.
It depends on the length & circumstances of the weather. The other night we had intense lightening lighting up the sky for over an hour. It was exhilarating, until we started to smell smoke--a nearby farm was burned to the ground & the attached home was heavily damaged and may be lost. Then the electricity went out--which meant the generator needed to be pulled out, started, the electricity switched over, and a noise-filled night of a generator running in the background as we tried to sleep. Weather is like anything in life--sometimes joyous, sometimes depressing, sometimes sad, sometimes just what it is--flowing through our lives in one moment of time.
The only time I am affected by the weather is when it is hot. Even if I am where the air conditioner is working and even if it is so high that it is freezing just knowing that it is very hot outside drains me of all my energy. I always end up during these days with no energy whatsoever.

Any other weather and I love or like it.

My favorite weather is rain.
© BellaOnline Forums