BellaOnline
My husband and I are currently trying to buy our first home because we are expecting our first child later on this year. We found something great and got an accepted offer this Sunday. Apparently the selling broker has received other bids and now they are trying to get us to raise our bid (before the other bids have even been presented to the seller who is an 83 year old woman) by 30K. Sorry to vent but I am just heartsick which lead me to the topic of comfort foods. When I am sad or stressed I can only imagine eating my recipe for Roasted Chicken. Check it out...

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: chloe21 Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 05/20/08 08:46 PM
Jill, I hope that everything works out with your house. Best of luck. Your Roasted Chicken recipe sounds delicious.

One of my favorite comfort foods would be a hot roast beef sandwich with gravy and mashed potatoes.
Thanks, it didn't of course but I appreciate your kind words. Have a great weekend!
Posted By: msbaby Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 05/23/08 07:04 PM
I'm so sorry about your house. I know the nesting instinct well and for your "nest" to be snatched out from under you would be terrible. There must be something better for you just around the corner ;-) . Your post couldn't have caught my eye at a better time, I have chicken breasts thawing as we speek and I think that I have all the ingredients on hand. Best wishes.
I'm sorry to hear about the house. That's such a stressful situation to be in.

Comfort food? cookies and milk
I have a great recipe for chocolate chip cookies that uses tofu. You'd never know it's in there, and now I can pretend they're healthy.

Thanks for all the kind words - they really mean a lot!! My husband and I just spent the weekend the beach enjoying this beautiful weather so I am feeling much better :-)
Hi Jill!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! smile How exciting!!

I know how stressful house buying can be! We�ve moved around quite a bit, and I can relate to your stress level!

If it makes you feel any better, we�ve moved a lot since we�ve been married (grad school, jobs, etc)�and each time we ended up in a wonderful house that was not our first choice. And the funny thing is�it all turned out wonderfully! Hang in there!!!

On to comfort food�

A grilled cheese sandwich with the following ingredients:

Sourdough bread
Mozzarella cheese
Tomatoes
Fresh basil
Salt and Pepper to taste

The combination of mozzarella and fresh basil make this grilled cheese simply�comforting!

Posted By: sistersu Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 05/27/08 08:59 PM
I'm sorry the house deal fell through - my comfort food would have been a hershey milk chocolate bar with almonds.
Two of the most stressful changes - a new baby and a new house, and oh how often they go together!

COngratulations on the pregnancy, and you never know - there's probably a better house waiting for you out there. I know that's how it happened with us when our first house fell through - and then we were so thankful thst it did!

Comfort food - my great-grandmother always made this and nobody can make it like she did, but we all try! Chicken and dumplings, that and her homemade banana pudding. She was one of those cooks thast never measured anything, so we have to keep just kind of guessing what she put in. We haven't gotten either one right yet, LOL!
This thread inspired an article for the Spirituality site:
Feed the Body, Feed the Soul

I'm taking the discussion over to Spirituality, but thought I'd mention it here, since this is where it started! laugh
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 06/06/08 09:57 PM
My comfort food, Any thing sweet n soft
Macaroni and cheese OR pitas and hummus!
Maybe both depending on the day, LOL ...
... and not to forget sliced bananas and custard!
Posted By: Libra20 Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 10/09/08 03:03 PM
Gotta be pizza!
Country sausage gravy with biscuits.
Posted By: chloe21 Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 10/09/08 06:20 PM
I can't even remember the last time I had one of these,
a Cheese Steak Sub with lettuce, tomato amd mayo.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 10/09/08 06:24 PM
I love to curl up with a good book, a small glass of icy cold milk and a hunk of dark chocolate. Heaven!

Sheryl
Posted By: C.C. Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 10/18/08 04:01 AM
Meatloaf & mash potato w/gravy

or the good old chicken noodle soup. Yum!
Posted By: hoaxie Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 10/18/08 04:46 AM
Cottage cheese and pineapple (in heavy syrup) mixed together with the syrup drained.

Chocolate.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 10/23/08 12:56 AM
Pepperoni pizza, cake, ice cream, french fries, basically junk food.
I like wheat crackers with spinach dip accompanied by a nice white wine.

mashed potatoes and gravy.....or macaroni and cheese(especially homemade)
WOW! as i saw this listed in the forum topics, the first thing that went through my head was MASHED potatoes!

sometimes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are nice too.

tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are great as well!
Posted By: Jay2166 Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 12/07/08 06:22 AM
mmmm meat loaf and mashed potatoes, for sure!

Jan
Posted By: JimWilfred Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 12/16/08 10:24 AM
omelet i like most . milk and egg is part of my breakfast.
Cookies, ice cream, mashed potatoes, and meatloaf!
Posted By: Claybird Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 12/22/08 02:47 PM
Give me peanut butter, the crunchy natural kind.
I rarely buy it because I will eat it all up in no time. But when I really need coddling, peanut butter will do the trick.
Posted By: rdywenur Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 12/22/08 03:20 PM
Give me some vanilla ice cream and a shovel. ;D
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 12/22/08 04:24 PM
Waffles with peanut butter and jelly.
Posted By: MoniB Re: What are your favorite comfort foods? - 02/23/09 09:30 PM
A lot of anything comforts me,.....I do feel like stuffed turkey after it but if I don't overeat I am not satisfied. This is so bad, I know, it's just how I feel sometimes.

In my good days, I go running. This is when I am in the healthy eating and exercising phase. But when the moods goes down,.....tons of food needed frown
I like soups and custard when I need comfort.

All types of soup. There's nothing like a warm bowl of soup.
© BellaOnline Forums