BellaOnline
Posted By: Jill - Healthy Foods Favorite snacks - 09/26/07 03:36 PM
I try not to snack too often but around 3 o'clock everyday I am usually craving a little something. Right now my favorite snack is sliced apple with a bit of peanut butter. What do you guys like to snack on? Would an article on this topic be helpful? Please let me know...
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: Favorite snacks - 09/26/07 04:07 PM
I'm always looking for healthy snack ideas so I'd love to see an article on that.

I like cottage cheese and pineapple for a healthy snack and I usually save some of my breakfast smoothie to drink in the afternoon for a pick-me up.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Favorite snacks - 09/28/07 05:10 AM
Apples are very high in fiber, and also have pectin, which reduces hunger... they're a great choice for a snack, Jill! I've never tried it with peanut butter, but that sounds very good right now!

And a small amount of nuts are good, too. They have healthy fats and reduce hunger. I like whole, unsalted almonds.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Favorite snacks - 09/28/07 06:42 PM
Pumpkin seeds :O)
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Favorite snacks - 09/30/07 11:12 PM
Right now i'm eating carrot sticks dipped in homemade Baba Ganough. Homemade hummus is good, too. smile
Posted By: joanj Re: Favorite snacks - 10/01/07 02:35 PM
I love homemade hummus too, holly. It's really good with whole wheat pita bread or whole grain crackers.

Luckily nowadays it's easier to find whole grain, low fat, low sugar products.

Hollyelise, shat is Baba Ganough? Do you have a recipe?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Favorite snacks - 10/01/07 02:59 PM
hummus,? whats that. my snacking is anything sweet;o)
Posted By: Beauty B's Re: Favorite snacks - 10/01/07 03:12 PM
hummus is great is chickpeas w/tahini garlic and olive oil..so easy to make and delicious!! you guys are making me hungry...i usually have a bunch of almonds...its hard to snack when your at work
Posted By: Jill - Healthy Foods Re: Favorite snacks - 10/01/07 07:34 PM
I love hummus too! Hummus with baby carrots is another one of my go-to snacks. It's great to have onhand. As for some good sweet snacks, I think Greek yogurt (0% or 2% fat) with a little honey and/or fruit is a good one.
Posted By: joanj Re: Favorite snacks - 10/02/07 09:33 PM
I like Greek yogurt make into tzadziki (cucumber and garlic dip). It tastes great and is good for boosting your immunity in the winter when everyone is getting colds and such.
Posted By: Jazzy Geri Re: Favorite snacks - 10/03/07 07:08 AM
Hi JoanJ,
It was a nice treat to read your snack advice. I love that too. When we moved to Florida a Greek family had just opened their new restaurant. The food was out of this world and on their gyros they used the same dressing "Tzadziki".I've made it a few times but wondered about the process do you salt the cucumbers first so they lose some of the water? Can you advise me how you go about it? Thanks, I'd like to give it another try. The only warning is not get up close to anyone with that "fresh garlic scent" it's pretty powerful or make sure they have some too! LOL
Posted By: Jill - Healthy Foods Re: Favorite snacks - 10/03/07 03:40 PM
Yum! What a great tip JoanJ! I too would like to know your recipe. Thanks!
© BellaOnline Forums