BellaOnline
Check out this article for some tips on defining healthy eating for yourself.

What is Health Eating?
Great article, Angela! My family just returned from a doctor's visit. We received some shocking news about my adult daughter who has a terminal genetic disorder. Her bloodwork came back and the numbers are horrible. High fasting glucose, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, high BMI.

ugh.

I recognized that although she technically is an adult and I didn't want to be her food police, I am the one who can control our family's diet and I am the cause of our poor health statuses.

My husband and I took this as a huge wake-up call for the entire family and not just my daughter. If it is ok with you, I'd like to use your forum to post my daily healthy foods consumption to keep us on track!

It's serious now.
Posted By: HappyMe09 Re: How do you define "healthy eating"? - 02/01/13 05:57 PM
Healthy eating is eating REAL FOODS. To me. Real veggies, fruits, clean grass fed beef/chicken/bison. Fermented yogurt, fermented veggies. Raw organic nuts. Greens. Clean healthy fats and oils: unrefined organic coconut oil, olive oil, avocadoes. Clean WILD caught *NO CHINA - Fish with gills and fins. Filtered water to remove fluoride, chlorine, mercury, etc. NO wheat. NO rye. No barley. *No grains - use instead quiona, kaniwa, some rice, tapioca flours, etc. Nothing processed or made by large corporations that market heavily on television. Full of questionable items and enrichment that human bodies cannot even recognize. NO GENETICALLY MODIFIED CORN *no corn!! No SOY unless organic and fermented. NO CANOLA. No USA Papaya. :)
Posted By: HappyMe09 Re: How do you define "healthy eating"? - 02/01/13 06:00 PM
Forgot to add: NO SUGAR! NO soda containing sweeteners, either. Make your own lemonade with real lemons and stevia. Come on. If you don't take care of your own health with real food - who is going to?
Posted By: Rhonda C Re: How do you define "healthy eating"? - 02/17/13 12:04 PM
We try to eat Paleo as much as possible.
If you cannot read what is on the container, don't eat what is in the container.
Great point, Dave, and so true.
© BellaOnline Forums