BellaOnline
The majestic Grand Canyon is often refered to as one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World...and no wonder...it is amazing and complex. Here's a fun RVing trivia contest that will garner the winner a book titled Field Guide to the Grand Canyon by Steven Whitney. Very cool!!

The first one to answer THREE trivia questions correctly will win the prize. This contest is open to anyone living in the US or UK who is aged 18 or older. Only posts that are unedited will be accepted as answers. Prize will be shipped to the winner at no cost to the winner. The prize will be A Field Guide to the Grand Canyon by Steven Whitney which is worth $14.96. For complete rules, please visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Recreational Vehicle
Right-o, Jan. RV stands for Recreational Vehicle. That gives you 1 point - 2 more to go and you take the prize!

BellaOnline RV readers - you're still in the running. Choose the correct answer the below question and earn 1 point.

Question 2:

Which National Park was the nation's first?

A. Yosemite
B. Yellowstone
C. Grand Canyon

Post your reply...
B Yellowstone
Bravo Julie...Yellowstone became the nation's first National Park in 1872 under the leadership of President US Grant.

This earns you 1 point - 2 more and you take the prize.

Just to recap:

Jan G has 1 point
Julie B has 1 point

The first contestant to reach 3 points wins the Field Guide to the Grand Canyon!!

Next question coming up...
Okay, campers...here we go again. The Field Guide to the Grand Canyon is still up for grabs. Answer this question and get 1 point towards the prize!

Question 3:

You can learn about park amenities, camping costs and even ratings or opinions on RV parks and campgrounds...

A. in the Trailer Life Directory
B. in the Woodall's Directory
C. on www.RVParkReviews.com
D. All of the above
E. None of the above

Submit your answer today...I'm waiting to hear from you!!

Evanne
D. all of the Above

Chris Loy
Chris! You got it - all of the above is correct. I especially like RVParkReviews but always combine it with a directory - ratings matter to me :>

That right answer earns you 1 point. 2 more and you'll be the big winner.

So now we have:

Jan G with 1 point
Julie B with 1 point
Chris L with 1 point

New question to be posted soon...stay tuned...

Evanne
Hey, set me straight here. Question 4:

True or False...

The Hualapai Indian tribe recently opened a glass-floored "Skywalk" in the Grand Canyon extending 65 feet from the edge and 3,800 feet above the canyon floor.

First right answer scores a point towards A Field Guide to the Grand Canyon...post your response now!!
True
Good golly, babyquacker, you are fast. A quick quacker I might say!! You are right - the answer is True.

The Skywalk opened to the public on March 28, 2007 with the inaugural walk by astronaut Dr. Buzz Aldrin. The tribe charges $25 to walk on the horseshoe glass walkway and visitors are given little booties to cover their shoes so scratches don't occur. By the way, the Skywalk is in Grand Canyon West - an area run by the Hualapai Indians - not the National Park Service.

So the contest continues...

Jan G has 1 point
Julie B has 1 point
Chris L has 1 point
babyquacker has 1 point

Remember, it takes 3 points to win...next question coming soon...

Evanne
Do you know the answer to this RV related question? Question 5:

A full hook-up site refers to...

A. a place to hook up with your friends
B. water-sewer-electric hook-ups
C. you can leave your RV and vehicle hooked up in the site

What do you think? Answer here and now :>

Evanne

B. water-sewer-electric hook-ups

Trish
Although I like the other answers, too! A place to hook up with friends and a place to leave your camper and vehicle hooked up at the site. Pretty cute!

Trish
Thanks and great job Trish! You got it again - the correct answer is B. water-sewer-electric. Often these days you'll also get cable TV and even wi-fi. It's always a good idea to ask exactly what's included when you are offered a full hook-up site.

The ranks are closing...

Jan G has 1 point
Julie B has 1 point
Chris L has 1 point
Trish (babyquacker) has 2 points

One more right answer by Trish and she takes the prize...
Safety first!! Do you know the very important answer here?

Question 6:

Always check your tire pressure...

A. when the tires are cold
B. as soon as you arrive in the campground
C. when the tires look low

The answer could literally save your life. What is it, A, B or C? Reply with your answer now...

Evanne

A. When the tires are cold.
That's right, Trish, always check your tires when they are "cold" - this means before you roll... It's also a great idea to check motorhome and trailer tires each and every time you hit the road - even if the last time you drove the rig was yesterday. Temp and altitude greatly effect your tire pressure. It's not a big deal that can make a huge difference in your traveling safety!

Now for some super good news...

Wooo!! Hooo!!! Trish, aka babyquacker, has earned 3, count 'em 3, points and is the WINNER of A Field Guide to the Grand Canyon. Congratulations, Trish!!

To our other players - thanks for playing...we'll hve another trivia contest soon so stay tuned.

Evanne

Trish,

I sent you a private message. Please respond to it or email me if you didn't receive it and we'll get you your prize.

Evanne
© BellaOnline Forums