BellaOnline
Please read and share your ideas!!!

www.bellaonline.com/articles/art40575.asp
Great ideas Meredith! smile
Wonderful article and great ideas. Best teaching methods, by example.
Thank you Diana and Alissa. It is amazing how the simple act of doing can create such powerful change examples for our youth.
Posted By: Carolyn Golden Re: How do you raise a green child? - 12/07/12 02:36 AM
I am trying as much as possible to raise my kids "green." I used bum genius diapers to reduce impact, and they each have their own stainless-steel water bottles/reusable cups. I live it as much as possible so I think they will learn from watching me. I personally have not taken a paper/plastic cup or plastic/paper bag in 7 years and I bring my own containers when I order to-go food, which does not cause the vendors much chagrin, they use my stuff instead of the styrafoam. It takes a little pre-planning, but for example, if you are going out for ice cream, just bring a cup & a spoon or get a cone that you eat! It works and kids will follow your example!
Carolyn, you are a fabulous role model for your children and for us! You are right in that this all takes planning ahead, but what a huge difference you make for the environment and for your children! Imagine if everyone did the same!!
© BellaOnline Forums