BellaOnline
Phyllis, thank you for this article on Mildred Norman Ryder, Peace Pilgrim.

What an extraordinary woman. Her journey must have touched many lives in ways we'll never know, but I imagine it as a wave of light spreading out from where she walked. Those that were inspired to do even some small thing might then inspire others.

She was inspirational you are right Mona, and I don't know about you but until reading Phyllis's article I had never heard of Mildred Norman Ryder.

What a journey both physically and in spirit. Thank you Phyllis, that is something else learned and someone else to admire thanks to you.

She was a spiritual teacher and advocate of peace. She believed in so strongly that the world could have peace and she made it her mission in life to spread the word. Mildred began a true pilgrimage, on foot and faith, alone and unafraid of what she might encounter.

Please click on the following link to read the full article:

Mildred Norman Ryder - Journey For Peace

From a lonely spot on a mountain a woman rose up and began a legacy that spread around the world. Come read about this amazing woman.

I hope you enjoy the article. All comments are most welcome. Thank you. smile
Thank you, Mona. You beat me to starting a thread on this article.

You are so right, Peace Pilgrim was an extraordinary woman who I am sure touched the lives of hundreds of people on her inspiring journey.

Thanks for reading and commenting.
Francine, you are welcome. Thank you for reading and commenting.

I can imagine how meeting Mildred would inspire one to pick up the flame and light other candles. Seven times she made a journey across America from coast to coast. What a wonderful and interesting person she must have been to sit and chat with.
What a great story about such an inspirational woman. Thank you for sharing this with us, Phyllis. We all could learn a great deal from Mildred's legacy.
Thank you so much, Debbie. I love to research on American women in history and the Appalachian regions have some very motivational women with inspiring stories.
They sure do, Phyllis. Thanks for sharing the stories with us. I really enjoy them.
My pleasure, Debbie.

I often wonder about all the places Peace Pilgrim journeyed through and how no harm ever came to her. She must surely have had some guardian angels traveling with her. smile
I'm sure she did, Phyllis.
As Burt would say: Yep, yep, yep!!!!
© BellaOnline Forums