BellaOnline
Posted By: Sue-Reg.Cuisine Rays of Hope Walk for Breast Cancer - 08/21/09 04:16 PM

Hi everyone, I know this post isn't about food but it is about something that has probably touched all of us, in some way, over our lifetimes. Thank you in advance for reading this....I appreciate your time and thoughtfulness! smile

My cousin Julie (she's a sweetie!) has organized a team for a breast cancer walk for the Rays of Hope Walk and I'm a member of her team....woohoo!! So we'll be walking on Sunday, October 25th 2009 (rain or shine) to raise awareness and funding.

If you'd like to join our team, say a prayer, or make a small donation, that would be awesome! On the funding part, I was thinking if everyone I knew, donated just a single dollar....man.....it would make such an impact!

And that's something very cool about my friends, my family, we already know that the greatest accomplishments start with little steps Of course, if you'd like to donate a five or a ten that would be great also, whatever you feel is the best. What I do know is that whatever support you give us, in any way, well, that's a huge blessing for us and I hope you are immensely blessed as well!

This is the link to my page if you'd like to check it out, walk with us, or make a donation, just click on "support me" or "join my team"

Our Team!!

Thanks so much for reading this, and not only making a difference in my life, but in the lives of so many others.....my love to you all

P.S. If you'd like to forward this to some of the people you know or re-post this, that would be great, we all have been or know of someone "who's been there" let's make a difference! Thank You!!
I just donated to you.. Bless your heart. I'd walk too but my arthritis keeps me from walking any kind of distance.
You are just so awesome...thank you sooo much smile smile and when I walk, you'll be there too in spirit. And I know you'd be a hoot to walk with! Thanks again and you were also my first donation...so very cool smile smile
I could always ride a scooter next to you...hahahahahaha Have a great time walking.
Wooohooo...right on!!! Thanks so much Granny D smile smile
Sue...I guess I really wouldn't beable to walk with you. I'm going for a complete knee replacement on Sept. 25. Cortizone hasn't helped so my dr. ordered an MRI....cool watching him open it up...amazing what thechnology can do for us. He said by Christmas I'd be good as new...He better be right...grrrrrrrr.
It is amazing what they can do these days with surgery and such....I pray it goes well for you, the surgery, and that you are even better than new! Wow, that's pretty new!! smile
Went to an info meeting Thursday..what to expect during and after surgery. Had a chance to hold a replacement in my hand. Funny looking thing..all metal and plastic. I've got a card for airlines stateing I have a replacement...I'll set off the alarms forever now....hahahahahahaha. I've been looking through the forums for a place to chat about this but haven't found one. It would be nice to chat with others who have been through this.
Hi Granny, glad you got a chance to go to the meeting, it must have been really interesting to hold the replacement in your hand....wow!

That's hilarious about the airport card, I can see it now, no card, setting off the machines and a million security people surrounding you, tackling to the ground....it's her knee, quick, get it before it goes off!! hahaha! You have a great sense of humor girl!

I'm not sure where you can post about this topic, it doesn't bother me at all, if you can't find a place, post a topic here, we can talk about lots of things in these forums besides food and there may be some others that read here that have been through the process and can discuss it with you and or lead you to some good places......that's important! smile
Thanks Sue,I'll keep that in mind. Sometimes I get a little fearful of what's to come..but I also know the other end of the tunnel is where ALL the light is..
I'm sure God has your back on this....cast all your fears to Him....be blessed abundantly Granny smile
Only three weeks or so til you're big walkathon...are you practicing? I'm walking now too...very slow..with a walker..but I'm walking. I do a couple laps for you around the kitchen...hahahahahahah
Have a great time walking.
I'm all ears waiting to hear how the walk went and how your team did.
Posted By: thomasstarish General - 02/14/11 10:21 AM
© BellaOnline Forums