BellaOnline
Do you exercise because you want to lose weight? Is that your primary goal? Tell us how you feel.
Great topic! I am exercising because I am prone to high pressure. I was on pills, stopped taking them and started exercising - I no longer needed to be on the pills my doctor swore I would need to be on the rest of my life.

So as per the doctor, as long as I exercise, eat right - my blood pressure stays lower - no pills. My goal is to stay off pills.

I can tell when I'm headed in the wrong direction by not exercising. I start feeling dizzy which is the first sign that my blood pressure has gone back up to unacceptable levels.
Dianne, it's great that you can control this potential threat with exercise. Keep up the good work and stay healthy.

I am two-sided. I exercise because I have a family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and degenerative arthritis. I have already inherited the arthritis with a vengeance. Exercise keeps my joints moving and reduces pain.

But I am always grateful to lose a pound or two. Healthy weight is also important in protecting my joints.
Did you know you have to burn 3500 calories to lose one pound. Take a look at my Calorie Chart:
Calories Burned During Aerobic Activities
Exercise is only part of losing weight. Remember you have to be taking in less calories also.

Keep exercising to maintain any weight loss.

What do you think? Do you count calories?
Always remember exercise is only part of the weight-loss equation. You also need to take a careful look at your diet. You cannot eat whatever you want and still lose weight just because you exercise. TJ
Todays Tips:

Being bored can make you eat more. Try to find something to do that has nothing to do with food.

Eating while watching TV can make you fat. You can lose track of how much you are eating.
Hy coach.
In my last post ,I mentionned tkat I had bought a fantastic stationnary bicycle.
Not assembled yet.
I suffer from a sleeping disorder,so I just inished ,a 2 or 3 day sleep.

will assemble the blke asap.

My happiness
Sorry about your sleep. I suffer from insomnia but never had to do a 2 or 3 day sleep.

Good luck with the bike, it shouldn't be hard to assemble. Let us know as soon as you ride if you like it. Of course you really can't tell from one ride.
I go on the treadmill every day, but occasionally I miss a day. I have the computer wired to a screen and I watch DVDs while I exercise. There are many DVDs I want to watch and if I get engrossed I exercise more. I never watch DVDs without exercising.

It just helps with everything, I feel better when I exercise, I really notice when I don't. It's meant to help heart rate, blood pressure etc. The trick was scheduling it into my life, I used to exercise first thing in the morning, but now I exercise at 6pm every day.
Tina, it's really great that you workout everyday and I know it is fun to watch your DVD's. I like to listen to the music channels on TV while I exercise. Right now I am listening to the 80's.

I can always tell if I'm slacking off exercising by how my clothes fit.

Thanks for your post.
© BellaOnline Forums