BellaOnline
Posted By: ExerciseEditor what's your workout today? - 03/09/11 03:42 PM
I had an amazing day of eating yesterday so I'm feeling crazy energy today. I'll be using that energy to get a ton of work done but also to exercise.

15 min. lower body workout
20 min. walk
40 min. yoga

What type of workout are you doing today? Not planning on working out? What's your excuse today? Just do it!
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/10/11 04:56 PM
Yesterday's workout was so fun and much longer than I had planned (90 minutes) which is great. I had so much energy from all the greens I've been eating that I ended up doing mobility and lower body and yoga and walked to the park to do sprints then I stretched a bit more when I got back.

Today's workouts is:
Alternate nostril breathing for focus
Franklin method exercises 10-15 minutes
Tabata protocol intervals for 8 minutes
Yoga Shakti 40-60 minutes (this is one of my favorite yoga practices)

Are you exercising today? If not why the heck not!

Posted By: Linda19 Re: what's your workout today? - 03/10/11 05:15 PM
I walked the dogs for an hour and a half today!

I do so admire the fact you can stick to your regime and your fasting days Monica.

I used to be so good at routines and things but these days its a case of 'what day is it today!'

Anyway, I always feel if I follow what you are doing, I've had a work out lol.

Keep up the good work!
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/10/11 05:25 PM
That sounds great! 90 minute walk is a great workout. Just go with the flow of your day and you'll find that you can fit something in each day even if it's only 10 minutes of stretching
: )
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/11/11 02:26 PM
I split up my workout yesterday into three parts and felt that didn't workout too well for me. Today I'm doing the same thing but have a feeling it's going to work better since I'm fasting and need to stay busy and active.

10 min. mobility early morning and noon
20 min. walk mid morning or noon
90 min. yoga (early morning or mid-afternoon)

Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/16/11 03:52 PM
My workout yesterday was awesome. I did not end up doing a stair workout but here's what I did instead.

15 min. zone exercises (a.k.a. the energizing chakra warmup)

20 min. total body circuit training

circuit 1 -(3 rounds 8-10 reps each exercise no break between exercises or between circuits)
suspension trainer rows
inverted presses + bear squats
supine plyometric knee-ins to hip extensions (new exercise for me that was soooo fun and preps your body for kipping pullups)

circuit 2 - (3 rounds 8-10 reps each exercise no break between exercises or between circuits)
spiderman pushups from knees
single leg db rows
lateral lunge to overhead sandbell press

30 min. stretching
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/17/11 02:06 AM
Today's workouts was great!

8 min. mobility exercises followed by 70 min. flow yoga

Tomorrow is Core Butt Fatloss Workout day and I'm adding in new exercises so looking forward to that.

Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/17/11 04:48 PM
I'm fasting today so my workout is a.m. walk, noon mobility session, afternoon glute/core and stretching.

I also need to do a ton of cleaning so that boost the calorie burn and keep me distracted too : )

What's your workout today? Remember that it doesn't matter if it's 10 minutes or 45 minutes it's all good for you!
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/17/11 09:11 PM
I didn't get a chance to work out yesterday. I facilitate a Bible Study group on Weds., so I didn't manage to get in more then a short walk.

Tonight, I'm back at the gym for a water ak-wa-fit class followed by a yoga. I haven't taken a yoga class at this new gym. I'm hoping it goes well.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/17/11 09:37 PM
Short walks work too. I may be skipping the walking portion of my workout today so don't feel bad : ) How do you like the new gym so far?
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/18/11 02:06 PM
Yesterday's workout was awesome! I had to skip my walk because the wind was blowing dust and debris all over the place and I didn't feel like dealing with that.

So I split 9 core and glute exercises into 3 mini circuits then finished up with 4 minutes of jump rope and trx cardio intervals.

circuit 1: 3 sets 8-12 reps each exercise
horse stance
stability ball prone hip extensions (bent leg)
plank hip extensions

circuit 2: 3 sets 10-12 reps each exercise
toe touch to table top
single leg squat off step
lateral lunge with side kick
lateral band walks

circuit 3:
stability ball leg curls
v-up with stability ball transfer

jump rope 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest x 4 (2 min.)
trx lateral jumps 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest x 2 (1 min.)
trx lunge jumping jacks 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest x 2 (1 min.)

Today's workouts is 60 min. yoga and some hula hooping.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/19/11 06:24 PM
Skipped workout yesterday but feeling very energized today so will be doing yoga, walk/run sprints at the park, a bit of back and core strength training and maybe some hula hooping : )
Hi Monica,

I have only the upper body workout because of my knee injury. Once again, it's killing me, but they don't want me to further injure my knee, since I've already done that. Upper body is not enough for me, but I guess it will have to do!
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/19/11 07:16 PM
If you work upper body the way I do you would be begging for mercy in 10 min. I dare you to try my Fatloss Core Strength Workout or my Tacfit Workout both are very upper body focused (skip any squat or lunge exercises if there are any in there).

If those are not hard enough let me know. I have other killer workouts that will kick your butt and leave you unable to put on a bra for days (ha ha ha, evil laugh). I make grown men cry for a living, usually using only a timer and mat, so if you need more torture workouts just let me know.

I will try and let you know. Thanks!
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/22/11 05:49 PM
Sunday's workout was 20 min. of full body circuit training. 6 exercises back to back with no rest between exercises or circuits then 4 min. of intervals using the tabata protocol followed by a 15 min. walk and about 10 min. of stretching.

Monday's workout was:
walk for 5 min.
sprint for 30 sec.
walk for 1 min.
sprint for 30 sec.
walk for 1 min.
sprint for 1 min.
walk for 1 min.
sprint for 1 min.
walk for 10 min.
plus 30 min. stretching

Today I really don't know what I'm doing. I may just be doing 45 min. of flow yoga but not sure yet : ) What's your workout today?
Posted By: jeriy Re: what's your workout today? - 03/26/11 05:49 AM
Hi Monica,
Hmmm...wonder how I missed this Fatloss & Core Strength Workout I'll have to do this one next. This morning I did your Primal Pattern Workout. I haven't done this workout for a while & my body is feeling it...love it =)
Posted By: Kaycee Will Re: what's your workout today? - 03/26/11 07:47 AM
These days I am feeling so lethargic that I feel like hell to even get out of my bed early morning. Great to know that you ladies are doing it. Will work it out from the upcoming week.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/26/11 10:26 PM
Lol Jeri. I forget about that one too. Have not done ball or trx core work in a while. The one move i have kept in my routine is the inverted glute kickback. I really love every version of that exercise i.e. downdog, forearm handstand, trx suspended, etc. Its great for glute strength and spinal extension!!
Posted By: Linda19 Re: what's your workout today? - 03/26/11 10:47 PM
Walked for one hour today and dug the back garden ready for potatoes.

I was going to catch the bus but I got there and not a single bus had passed me!

Sorry Monica, nothing more exciting to report today!
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/26/11 11:42 PM
Gardening is great exercise. I always get a killer lower body workout from that!

Today's outdoor workout was:

circuits 1:
trx w drill
trx scapular pushups
trx curtsey lunges with alternating arm overhead reach
no rest repeat 2 more times

50 yard sprint

circuit 2:
trx power pulls
trx suspended lunges
no rest repeat 2 more times

50 yard sprint

circuit 3:
trx tricep extension
trx alternating front lunges with flys
trx inverted close grip row
no rest repeat 1 more time

50 yard sprint

10 min. stretching

Yesterday's workout was 20 minutes of mobility and stretching and the day before I did 45 min. flow yoga. Tomorrow I'll probably be walking or hiking.

Posted By: jeriy Re: what's your workout today? - 03/27/11 06:41 PM
Hi Monica,
I did your Hot Abs Interval Workout this morning...I'm going to feel it later =)
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/27/11 09:25 PM
Yes you will, ha ha ha! My glutes, inner thighs, and hamstrings are slightly sore from yesterday's trx workout. I had not done any lower body suspended exercises in ages so feeling it, but in a good way not the hip pain I was having before. It's actual muscle soreness which is totally awesome!

If my hip stability keeps improving I'll be able to do trx suspended ab exercises really soon. Woohoo!!

Today's workout is 20 min. walk and 30-40 min. stretching and mobility exercises.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/27/11 09:30 PM
BTW, did you buy a suspension trainer or did you do the gym version of hot abs with your kb? I like both but the suspension version always made me more sore. I did swings the other day with my sandbell and that was sooo fun. I had not done those in ages either. My dad got hooked on the TRX yesterday. He wants one bad now (LOL).
Posted By: jeriy Re: what's your workout today? - 03/28/11 12:50 AM
That's so great your hips are healing nicely =) I did the gym version....I've looked at the TRX but it's a bit pricy for me. My trainer is in the process of getting her own suspension trainer patented this year (it's smaller & about 1/2 the price). However, my husband did rig up a reinforced handle for me where I could just loop some rope & I'm able to do some great exercises with it.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/28/11 02:41 PM
I've only tried the $40 jungle gym and the $180 TRX and the difference is pretty astounding but not everybody wants to spend that kind of money for a portable gym so lots of other trainers have patented their own in the last two years. They range in price from $50, $70, $120. Tell your trainer she should invent the $25 suspension trainer. That would sell like crazy. The money isn't in the equipment anyway. Look at the gliding discs. The money isn't in the disc which are only $15 it's in the workout video membership.

BTW, you can actually Make Your Own TRX for $26. There's a video and a story on my site about that (bottom of page).

I actually handed my Perform Better catalog over to my dad the other day and said what can you think of that hasn't already been invented? It was a challenge to him because he loves inventing things so I'm waiting for the day when he says hey guess what I invented, LOL.
Posted By: Maria - Prime Time TV Re: what's your workout today? - 03/30/11 04:11 AM
I did Zumba for the first time today! I LOVED it! Can't wait to do it again.

I loved all of the movements (although I have absolutely no rhythem at all).

I'm seriously thinking about taking the class to be a Zumba instructor.
Posted By: Kaycee Will Re: what's your workout today? - 03/30/11 05:41 AM
No work out yet frown Feeling Lazy...
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: what's your workout today? - 03/30/11 03:25 PM
Awesome Maria. Dance workouts are so fun. I've been doing them all my life. They're not a regular part of my routine but I do go back to them from time to time. Getting certified is easy and teaching classes is fun. Tons of places always looking for instructors and it's a great way to make some extra spending money : )

© BellaOnline Forums