BellaOnline
Posted By: Beauty B's What's your beauty disaster? - 02/08/09 02:03 PM
As you all can see from my last article, sometimes beauty disasters happen!

Give Yourself a Haircut

I don't think this is as bad as the time someone told me applying garlic directly to a blemish would help and instead i ended up burning my skin! So yes the blemish was gone but instead it left a huge red mark where the skin burned!

Whats your beauty disaster and how did you fix it?
Posted By: Alanna08 Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 02/09/09 10:06 AM
This is happened with one of my friend, somewhere she has read that applying lemon on scalp helps control dandruff, after few times of applying, dandruff got reduced but some of her hairs turned white.
Her confidence got totally broken, we consulted doctor he said that lemon should not be applied directly and should be mixed with coconut oil before application.
Posted By: Beauty B's Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 02/11/09 01:15 AM
Oh no, yup lemon will do that, it's a natural lightner! Acids such as lemon should be mixed with a carrier oil, Apple Cider vinegar is great for dandruff!

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: rdywenur Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 02/11/09 01:37 AM
OMG.....2weeks before graduating from HS I decided I was going to be a blond. I went into the cellar and proceeded to pour peroxide over my head. Looking in the mirror seeing it wasn't blond enough I then went and poured another bottle. Then washed my hair and tried to comb my hair. It was deader than a door nail. All straw...come wouldn't go through and looked awful. So what do I do....go get black hair dye and go from one extreme to another. Mind you I never had black hair nor do I have the coloring for it. Go figure. Then I had weeks of hair therapy but the worse was walking around for graduation with that broom on my head wanting all the time to but a bag over it instead. Maybe that's why I don't run to get my hair colored.
Posted By: Beauty B's Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 02/11/09 01:48 AM
OH my goodness, thats horrible!!! Why is it we get the craziest ideas to try something new before a big event?

Thank goodness hair grows back!!
Posted By: rdywenur Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 02/11/09 05:35 PM
Yes it was at the time. I can laugh about it today but then I was only 17 and back then we didn't have all this information about anyhting like we do today. I think it would never happen to me today if I was 17. Girls today are more knowledgable and hip about most beauty stuffs and doing it at a much earlier age. From hair coloring, nails, pedicures...even fixing noses. Some is good and some I think should come with age (not competing with mom or older woman before their time) I think natural beauty on a yound person is much more attractive. Case in point Miley Cyrus...16y/o going on a hundred. When she is on the red carpet does she dress her age...no and it does not look attractive (even though she seems to think so)

I have two more horror stories....one I let my BFF give me a perm while she was still in beauty school. Hair overprocessed and had to wear it up in a pony tail for the longest time. Another time I asked a young hairdresser (I had a coupon for a highlight) to highlight my hair. Told her exactly what I wanted and asked her if she understood. She kept nodding her head and saying yes. Well......I did not get the highlights I asked for instead became a blond for the second time in my life. I had to get hair treated again for 2 weeks because I was leaving for a trip to AZ where where my hair would probably fry from the heat. When I was in Calif. asked the hairdresser there if they could do somthing with my hair...he examined it and said the only thing I should or could do is cut it off as it was again too damaged to do anything except start over again. (I did come home though with a terrific hair cut)
Posted By: Lori-Marriage Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 02/11/09 06:05 PM
I had short, thin and barely any eyelashes so I tried false lashes. I loved them! But I didn't know how to remove them correctly and I ended up yanking out all of my natural lashes. Now I need false lashes or I look like an alien. Or a lizard.

*sigh*
Posted By: rdywenur Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 02/11/09 06:14 PM
Oh no....I think that is worse than my stories. Do lashes grow back eventually...I sure hope so for your sake. I'd hate to be constantly having to glue on lashes.
I actually posted this last year when it happened, so I'll just copy it over here. This didn't happen to me, but to my daughter;

OK - this morning was one of those days that made me question my sanity in becoming a mother.

My daughter and my oldest son have unfortunately inherited from me a "unibrow". I get my brows waxed, and my son does from time to time as well - and sometimes he just has me trim them to keep them neat looking.

My daughter is only 10, so I don't want her waxing yet, her skin is just too delicate. So I have one of those little trimmers that I use on her, because this year she has started becoming very concious about it.

Well...this morning she woke up and said she felt like she was going to throw up. I really didn't question that, because my husband, my 5 yr old, and me all have strep throat right now - and I figured she was probably coming down with it, too. So I kept her home from school and let her sleep in this morning. She was kind of hunched over, so I really didn't look closely at her.

So as soon as the pediatrician's office opens I make an appt to have her checked out. I wake her up and tell her to get dressed. She goes and puts a hoodie on, pulls her hair all around her face, pulls the hood down over her face and is hunching her shoulders.

Now, I figure she is wearing makeup, because she put some on at school yesterday, and I told her I didn't want her wearing makeup for more than special occasions until she was 13. So I tell her to take her hood down.

It's not makeup - she has no eyebrows! She decided to trim her own eyebrows last night, and shaved them completely off. Aaaauuuuggghh!

I tried to get onto her, but then I just busted out laughing. I couldn't help it. I am like about to bust a gut. It was so funny - she is completely bald on the face.

Some of you may remember, but this is the same child that cut her waist length hair all off when she was 3.

I think I'm retiring from motherhood...

Posted By: Lori-Marriage Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 02/12/09 12:21 AM
OMIGOSH!!!! LOL!!! That is too funny!!! Except your little girl probably didn't think so. Did she go to school like that? Did you put on some eyebrow pencil or something?!?!

This eyebrow thing reminds me of a story my friend told me about a teacher. Her little students laughed and snickered behind her back all morning and wouldn't tell her why. She got so mad that she began to hand out detentions. When she went to the restroom, she discovered the reason: That morning, the hairless woman only remembered to draw on one eyebrow. Heck, I'd have giggled, too!

Oh, the FDA just approved some drug that is proven to regrow eyelashes! I'm looking into it!

I took pity on her and took her to the Ulta (similar to a Sephora) that I shop regularly at. The woman was absolutely wonderful and showed us how to apply makeup that looked like a fairly natural eyebrow.

I sooooooo did not help things that morning though. When I saw what she had done I literally fell in the floor I was klaughing so hard. Then I called my husband - and he panicked because he thought I was sobbing and somebody had just died. It took me 3 tried to get the words, "Jordan shaved her eyebrows off".

But I couldn't help it - it was the funniest thing I had ever seen! (I'm a horrible mother!)

You can read the entire saga and see pictures here:
She has no eyebrows post
My beauty disaster happened when during the previous night with my busy and hectic schedules i did not wash my face nor applies toner and moisturizer.out of obvious tiredness i lazily go to bed and ignore my guilty concience of not caring my face and skin.Expectedly on the morning,i'll got a very dry facial skin and unmanageable wrinkles that cant be hide with any of my concealers and foundations.I will look 5 years older than my true age and got very insecure with all the female peers i chanced during the day.im so ashame!
Posted By: Mattie a la Mode Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 03/05/09 09:47 PM
My worst disaster is trimming my eyebrows with a scissor. I have thick eyebrows so I tried to groom them. Not a great idea. Stick to tweezing! Mattie a la Mode
Posted By: Mattie a la Mode Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 03/09/09 08:53 PM
OMG! That's what I have to look forward to. I have thick eyebrows and have been waxing and grooming since 15, because my mother would not allow me to start sooner. My daughter is going to have the same issue and I know how awful it feels to have so much eyebrow. I don't know what I am going to do. My worst disaster was in the beginning of waxing, when I had my eyebrows waxed really skinny, because my sister thought it was a good idea. I looked like a freak when it was growing back. At that point I learned to live with what I have. Mattie a la mode
Posted By: mamame Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 03/18/09 11:41 PM
I remember once when I wanted a perm like a loose surfer look, and instead I looked like a poodle. I had just started dating my husband and he DID NOT like it...neither did I!
Posted By: Kristin Davis Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 03/22/09 03:12 AM
Mine was trying to color my own hair. Going lighter blonde ended up Orange. Horrible
Posted By: REDD45 Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 03/22/09 03:26 AM
I can relate, went in for highlights, came out with yellow hair. Took me two years to grow out, ugh. Now I just color myself. Trick is to stay within two shades lighter or darker than your own.
Posted By: Beauty B's Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 04/01/09 10:26 AM
Holy horror stories, I can relate to the hair color ones, I've turned my hair green.

When it comes to the hair issue, I feel if it causes your child to feel insecure maybe they should start sooner than 15, especially if its making her self conscious. We're not talking getting a dramatic Hollywood eyebrow arch, just cleaning them up. Unfortuanatly kids are cruel and sometimes the effects can be long lasting.

Mame, that is too funny, I think everyone has gone through the horrible perm stage!
Posted By: Rachel18 Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 04/23/09 08:05 AM
I have a natural wavy hair and back in college, hair rebond was the "It Thing". It was expensive though and it took a lot of maintenance just to keep it looking good. I got tired of the maintenance thingy such as waking up early in the morning to take a bath and have my hair blow dried and ironed.

I decided to have my hair curled so I can leave it as is and it will still look good.

but bam! yes my hair was curled but the strands looked like straws
Posted By: Jenty Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 04/24/09 07:50 AM
For me, it's face allergy. horrible
Posted By: Mattie a la Mode Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 04/26/09 04:42 AM
I have another one. I have thick wavey hair and twice in my life time I have had short layered cuts. OMG. the work to keep it under control was extremely stressful as I work in the fashion industry and was meeting sales people all the time. I had to look good. Every time I get the urge to cut my hair shorter than my neck, I slap myself!

Mattie
Posted By: ncis Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 04/28/09 05:49 AM
i think that is better than my story www.mycollects.com
Posted By: LesFex Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 05/09/09 06:20 AM
I once did three consecutive dye jobs trying to get the perfect color and got green hair instead. I ended up with a new do, a new color.
Posted By: Rachel18 Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 05/12/09 07:34 AM
face acne are the worst...I had it during the first cycles of my PCOS treatment...I cant go malling and attending friendly events because my face will be the center of attention LOL
Posted By: amyuk Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 05/16/09 11:46 PM
I was just learning how to shave my legs and used what i thought was a safe new bic razor. The razor blade snapped on my shin. I still remember sitting on the bath with a wad of tissue papper. It left me with a nasty 2 inch scar. I still the scar today but, its not so bad now. Another one was I fancied a skater boy and I decided to try different styles to attract him. I dyed my hair a wonderful shade of ash blonde. I thought I did till one girl told me it was green. I believed her and changed it to dark brown and had to get it cut off...oober short. It was fried. Next 2 day she dumped her bf and was all the skater guy. It was horrible.
Posted By: Beauty B's Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 05/31/09 09:26 AM
hey everyone great disasters, its good to know we're not alone when it comes to beauty mistakes!

Jenty face allergies are tough, I have shingles so when i break out theres no concealer in the world that can help me. Looks like bad hair is the majority of these disasters.

amuk going ash blond more than likely it was green. When I went ash blonde it looked great indoors but once the sunlight hit it I had radioactive looking haircolor!

Vishenda, doesn't concealer help?

Posted By: amyuk Re: What's your beauty disaster? - 05/31/09 01:17 PM
Yes the blonde hair was something I changed because the girl told me it was green. I should have listened to other people who said there was nothing wrong with it.She was really vicious and oh I could tell some stories about her but, I don't want to lower myself to her level. I cut my hair off super short after that. I am so glad its grown. Other hair horrors blonde roots when using a home dye. Impossible to cover.
© BellaOnline Forums