BellaOnline
Posted By: loongdragon Interdependency and christmas trees!!! - 12/06/12 04:26 AM
To all or none'

One thing we learn in Buddhism is interdependency.So why the
christmas trees? The other day,in my small town/village massacred nice trees started arriving all neatly wire meshed.

Why do people cut trees for 2 weeks then throw them away?
People do not realise that these trees are intertwined and
interdependant with water,grass humans animals,every living things.They are part of their body or human shell.

Everything and everyone is one .Things and beings are so just one,that the other day ,I asked her if she would eat a piece of her dog? You know the answer.If not why do you still eat meat?For the Universe ,her dog and a cow are not different,both living beings part of the chain that makes the Humanity as we know it.

Since nothing is gained and nothing is lost .that massacred tree will rot and return to the earth where it came from.

Please never forget, that we are all interdependant ,we all need each other,and must protect each other.

With love for Humanity and the Universe.

Loong a lover not a destroyer.

Originally Posted By: loongdragon

Since nothing is gained and nothing is lost .that massacred tree will rot and return to the earth where it came from.

Yes looong, it will return to the earth, and this is why I am OK with a Christmas trees personally - just as I sometimes clip flowers and place them in a case. For me, it is about the cycle of life, and being grateful for whatever sustains us, and supporting sustainable agriculture etc. Most Christmas trees are grown on farms for that purpose and not taken from the wild, so it is not much different than eating vegetables from the store that are grown on a farm. It is a ritual use of a plant, and if it is done respectfully it is OK - most religious traditions do have rituals and sacrifices that involve plants, and I think of this in that vein. But we all have to make these decisions for ourselves. We are all part of the cycle of life.
To all or none,
From the Book The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.

Modern industrial society is a fanatical religion.We are demolishing,poisoning,destroying all life-systems on the planet.We are signing IOU's our children will not be able to pay...We are acting as if we were the last generation on the planet.
Without a radical change in heart,in mind, in vision,the earth will end up like Venus,charred and dead.

Sogyal Rinpoche

loong
son of the Universe
I certainly agree with this. Hope you are enjoying the book.

Originally Posted By: loongdragon
To all or none,
From the Book The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.

Modern industrial society is a fanatical religion.We are demolishing,poisoning,destroying all life-systems on the planet.We are signing IOU's our children will not be able to pay...We are acting as if we were the last generation on the planet.
Without a radical change in heart,in mind, in vision,the earth will end up like Venus,charred and dead.

Sogyal Rinpoche

loong
son of the Universe
© BellaOnline Forums