BellaOnline
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Age and fashion rules - 10/04/11 02:58 PM
Can anyone tell me what the fashion rules are as a woman ages? For example, should an older woman (50+) wear high heels? Skinny jeans?

My son's former girlfriend told me that the only thing I couldn't wear was a mini-skirt. Well, I never wear mini-skirts anyway! But I do have a jeans skirt that is above my knees!
Posted By: Red Carpet Dresses Re: Age and fashion rules - 10/07/11 10:28 AM
I think you have to feel comfortable in whatever you wear and at any age.... I think the mini skirt rule is good though, not that I like really really short skirts on anyone! I think above the knee is still fine though....

I think whatever it is such as high heels and skinny jeans is fine as long as its done tastefully and suits your body shape!
Posted By: CrystalBarba Re: Age and fashion rules - 10/12/11 04:59 AM
Well i personally think fashion has no age limits ....
Its up to us .. what we like to wear... in fact everyday you should try something unique... so there there could be some change in your fashion life!!
Posted By: Dina - Women's Fashion Re: Age and fashion rules - 10/12/11 02:33 PM
Hey Lori,

I agree! I don't like setting rules, fashion is for everyone and older women can rock many styles that younger girls wear and even can't wear. It all depends on the body shape and the intended look. Mini skirts are not for everyone and I like them mostly as an evening/beach look. If an older woman has a great body she can wear them too. Above the knee is also fine.

As for skinny jeans, if you're comfortable why not? You could also wear heels for sure, they elongate the legs and are for everyone, as long as you don't go too high, which is advice that I give to even the youngest girls.

Have fun with fashion and forget the rules! If you know what looks good go for it. This article by me can help you adapt runway trends if you think something is a bit hard to wear.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Age and fashion rules - 02/11/16 07:53 PM
Just wear what you feel comfortable in! The only times you should go with rules as far as what you wear goes should be when you enter places that have guidelines or rules for what people have to wear while there.
© BellaOnline Forums