BellaOnline
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Book Selection Poll - 01/23/09 03:47 PM
Ok, we have tossed around a few ideas so let's decide. Make a choice of which book you would like to read and discuss with everyone! You may choose more then 1. If you want, i will post a little blurb from Amazon.com about what the books are about or you can go over there and look yourself.
Posted By: M o e Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/23/09 06:51 PM
I'm looking forward to any of the current top selections which I both have in my to read pile. smile
Posted By: Barbara, GayLesbianEditor Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/23/09 08:38 PM
I want to buy all the Kim Harrison books, so this is a great reason to begin! smile
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/23/09 10:48 PM
Hi, Jeanette. I just recently signed up for your newsletter in hopes to add some intriguing literature to my book shelves this year. I'm all for the new one by Tony Morrison. I gave it to my sister-in-law this past Christmas and she said it's a must read. So I'm on board with that in particular but any of the others may spark an inquisitiveness as well. I'll be back in soon to check in bye and have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/24/09 05:44 PM
I am happy to see such a great response so far!
Posted By: Debbie - NASCAR Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/25/09 10:04 PM
Hey Jeanette...

Really looking forward to getting started with the book club... when are we going to start? and how long are going to have to read the book? is it going to be a few chapters at a time or the whole thing? lol i've got lots of questions...
Posted By: bridgee Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/25/09 10:08 PM
I have a copy of Twilight here but i'm currently finishing up I'm with the Band.
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/26/09 04:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Debbie - NASCAR
Hey Jeanette...

Really looking forward to getting started with the book club... when are we going to start? and how long are going to have to read the book? is it going to be a few chapters at a time or the whole thing? lol i've got lots of questions...

I am hoping to start February 1 for reading then try to do it a few chapters at a time for discussion. People can read ahead, but no spoilers!! LOL
Posted By: Barbara, GayLesbianEditor Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/26/09 06:54 PM
Which book are we going to read? If we're goign to start on 2/1, I'd better get the book!
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/26/09 08:40 PM
Looks like we are going to have to have a tie breaker poll!!!!
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/27/09 06:04 PM
I stand corrected! Twilight is pulling ahead. Does everyone have this book? The local library should have it or you can get it on Amazon.com for about $5 plus shipping and handling. I just happened to find it at a thrift store for 69 cents. Yea, i was lucky!! i will give the poll another day then close it.
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/27/09 06:51 PM
Oh, no, please tell me its not Twilight. crazy I'll have to pry it from the arms of my teenage daughter and then I'll carry it around like Linus with his blanket, as she's done since her older sister introduced her to it over a year ago and since the movie. NOoooooooo!!!!! cry
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/27/09 07:14 PM
LOL I haven't seen the movie or read it at all. Put a fake cover over it until you are finished!
Posted By: annbingo Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/28/09 06:55 PM
My granddaughters all have copies of Twilight. I will borrow 1 of theirs.
Posted By: sundancer Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/28/09 06:59 PM
I just ordered it..I was going to read Twilight anyway.
Looking forward to the book club.
sundancer
www.msgembroidery.com
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Re: Book Selection Poll - 01/29/09 02:37 AM
Looks like Twilight is the winner ladies! Everyone grab a copy of the book and start reading! I will post some discussion questions next weekend! I am excited!
© BellaOnline Forums