BellaOnline
People are resolving to change negative behavior and transition to a more optimistic person in the New Year.

Life Changing New Year Resolution to Make Now
You forgot about family members. Blood is thicker than water is stupidity and I always hated that saying even before I realised that my parents are monsters and the rest of my family were too (some worst than others my parents being the worst but all toxic in 1 way or another). My family especially my parents are what you described in your article and worst. My main goal is to make another life far from them, what they did and are doing to me will always affect me negatively but at least when I am free from them they will cease to hurt me and I should hurry up before they totally kill me or push me over the edge (+ not to mention that the ptsd will be HUGE when i finally am away from them - i have real triggers but i am not asking for safe spaces and trigger warnings and never will either).
Yo are right Nancy Roussy
That's a great article, BB. It's so true that when a person is around who focuses on the negative and talks about negative things all the time that it drains the energy from the space.

A good solution, in addition to taking strong active steps now (not next week or next month) to get free of them, is to focus on the positive. We have so many blessings in life. To dwell only on the things that are wrong makes us lose sight of all we have that so many others desperately dream of having. Food. Shelter.
Thanks for your posts. You are so right Lisa. I find that simply concentrating on the positive, attracts more positive things into your life.
© BellaOnline Forums