BellaOnline
Posted By: Styxx Nail Polish Galore - 02/05/16 11:53 AM
What color of nail polish do you have on right now? Share it with other people! Because every color has its meaning, what do you think it means?

Don't be shy because we are all the same here smile

I'll go first, the color of nail polish I have on right now is called 18K Gold Frosted. It's dark red and I think it represents passion. Simple as that.

Now it's your turn! ^_________^

---------------
Styxx
DIY Enthusiast
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/06/16 07:04 AM
The nail polish I have on right now turned from dark red to dark pink! Awesome ╰( ・ ᗜ ・ )╯

Meaning of color:
>Unconditional love
>Understanding

**It's your turn laugh
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/10/16 01:41 PM
Hello everyone!

I removed the color of my nails and I'm going to not put nail polish for a few days.

Meaning of no color nails:
>Simple
>Real

Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/11/16 04:14 PM
I have on clear polish at the moment. Giving my nails a rest from all the dark colored polish I've been wearing.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/11/16 04:15 PM
I purchased a new nail polish at Burlington. It's a weird gold color with sparkles, can't wait to try it.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/11/16 10:13 PM
I love the darker colors, but not necessarily the yellowing that occurs when I take it off. I'm too lazy to put on a base coat! :-)
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/13/16 01:04 PM
BB-- Hello. It's so nice to hear from you. A golden nail polish with sparkles? You sure bought a unique nail polish. I hope you share what it looks like when you apply it to your nails! laugh

Dianne W-- Yes, I had the same problem and I take off my nail polish not more than 2 weeks before I see the yellowing on my nails. ^____^

-------------
Styxx
DIY Enthusiast
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/18/16 05:47 PM
Hiya
I would love to share. Saving the polish for after my nails grow out.
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/19/16 04:40 AM
BB, I'll surely wait for it. Thanks for replying! laugh

Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/22/16 05:50 AM
ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ Hello everyone! It's been about 2 weeks since my nails was last painted and I found myself yearning for some nail polish. I'm still deciding what color to choose from. Any suggestions?

Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/24/16 11:51 AM
I bought some frosted Silver Platinum nail polish today. I'm going to apply it on my nails on Sunday.

Why not today? You might ask. It's because I am going somewhere important on Monday and I want my nails to look fresh on that day.

Silver Platinum is a new color I'll try and I hope it looks good. (゚<|\(・ω・)/|>゚)

Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/25/16 04:47 AM
Since I can't wait for Sunday. I painted my nails last night. The color is very sophisticated.

"The color silver has a feminine energy; it is related to the moon and the ebb and flow of the tides - it is fluid, emotional, sensitive and mysterious. It is soothing, calming and purifying." ------FROM EMPOWER YOURSELF WITH COLOR PSYCHOLOGY

Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/25/16 05:16 PM
It is always fun to try a color that is a bit outside of your comfort zone. If you like neutral colors, go for something really wild and bold.
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/04/16 06:37 AM
Last night I painted my nails Sapphire. For me it means, royalty and wisdom. It's a darker shade since I've painted several coats on my nails. I LOVE this color! (。♥‿♥。)

Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/04/16 08:12 PM
I've got to give that color a try.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/04/16 08:14 PM
Hiya All,
What's your favorite nail polish brands. I love Revlon.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/04/16 08:14 PM
Anyone every try Essie Nail Polish?
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/07/16 10:45 AM
I bought a new nail polish color that is called WANDERER. It was a compelling name for me to buy it and it is part Boho Chick Collection. Its color is light peach-pink and even though I'm into neutral colors, I couldn't stop myself from buying the color.

I think WANDERER is a suitable name for the color. When I think of the name, I think of a care-free teenager I wasn't meant to be. Anyway, the color is very chick for a serious woman like me. ◟(◔ั₀◔ั )◞ ༘♡

2md on the Left== 3.bp.blogspot.com/-NIY1ReMvuqU/ViQxLi5yx0I/AAAAAAAAB0c/67MDzvKOlHw/s1600/Boho%2BChic%2BNails%2BKathryn%2BBerndard%2B2.jpg

Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/07/16 02:08 PM
I Won Nail Polish from Oprah's Favorite Things giveaway. I got very close to $500 worth of nail polish from butterlondon.com
Never in my life would i spend over $5.00 for nail polish lol
If your looking for expensive polish check them out
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/07/16 03:44 PM
Rosie L., congratulations on winning. ^_________^

I wish I can win that kind of giveaway. Can you share what colors you received? I would like to hear from you!

Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/07/16 05:46 PM
Congratulations On Winning Nail Polish!
Wish I could get in on something that cool.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/07/16 05:48 PM
LOL...My Bad,

I forgot that I won an Oprah Giveaway about 7 years ago. It was Chanel mascara, perfume, and a few other odds and ends.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/13/16 08:15 PM
I have a red called Le Rouge, it's the brand name of Jean Coutu and I got it as a gift when I bought things there in December. I only did one manicure and pedicure with that color and it was on February 8, the reason why I haven't done another manicure and pedicure is that I cut myself near a nail on my right hand when I was close to do it and when it finally healed the night before I cut myself near another nail on my left hand. It would be idiotic to get nail polish remover in a cut and probably painful too eek. Hopefully when that last cut would be healed I won't get another one before I can finally give myself a manicure and pedicure (not a lot is left on my finger nails)!
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/14/16 10:11 AM
Nancy! It's nice to hear from you. I have the same experience like you when it was my first time putting nail polish on my nails. It was irritating when I got myself cut. Now that I'm used to applying the nail polish though, I'm quite happy with how the way the finish products is.

-=-=-
(●♡∀♡))ヾ☆*。 Today I bought a nail polish called FEMME FATALE. It's one color of the Knockout Collection and its color is a light shade of sea-green. After putting the final coat on my right hand, I find that the color is really a knockout.

Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/14/16 08:23 PM
The next time I go out I will try to find small bottles of nail polish for my future manicures and pedicures. My nails are easily broken because the past year or two I haven't taken good care of them plus the cuticles are so ugly that I should do something about that too but that would be a first for me because it's never part of my manicures and pedicures (i clean under the nails after taking off the polish then use a file then base coat then color then top coat).
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/15/16 10:36 AM
My only advice to you, Nancy, is that don't take too long to remove the nail polish. It's because the nails turn yellow because of the chemical in the nail polishes we use in this times. (°◡°♡).:。

Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/15/16 07:23 PM
I never had any nails turning yellow. All it does when I leave the nail polish too long is that it looks ugly because most is gone.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/17/16 04:46 PM
My nails turn yellow all the time ...I find that using fresh lemon juice removes some of the stain.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/17/16 04:48 PM
Nancy,
Nail hardeners are great to strengthen nails. I like Sally Hanson's brands.
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/17/16 05:15 PM
Nancy-- Good for you! I don't have a problem with my nails turning yellow but I have seen some pictures of it on Google. It's pretty bad.

BB-- Fresh lemon juice? I'll keep that in mind. I haven't tried applying nail hardeners before. Does it make any difference?

-==-==-

I'm going natural this week. Just in time for Holy Week.

How is everyone? ヘ( ̄ω ̄ヘ)

Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/17/16 05:55 PM
When I was a teenager it is when I started taking care of my nails and the first years I only used Sally Hansen products then I used different ones and after a few years of not giving myself manicures and pedicures I decided to go back to the Sally Hansen products and I find that they suck. The base and top coats do not last long and that is my main issue with that company. I did try one of their nail hardener (Maximum Strength) for a while before getting paraffin treatments on my feet, hands and elbows and that too chipped away eventhough I put one coat per day.
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/18/16 12:57 PM
It seems as though you had many experiences on your nails. Sometimes, it's doing rigorous activities that make the nail polish on our nails fade and not last for even a day. Hmmmm... update me anytime you have your nails done because it's pretty interesting. ^____^

-------
Styxx
AVID COSPLAYER
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/18/16 06:05 PM
As soon as the cut is healed completely or at least the missing skin has grown again (getting there) I will give myself another manicure and pedicure.

Yesterday I got a pack of ten nail polishes (for girls but hey women can use it too smile haha) for a good price on Amazon Canada, I am going to use these polishes when it arrives or soon after, in the meantime I will use the one I got free.
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/19/16 06:56 AM
10 nail polishes? Wow! That's a lot. As for me, I only buy one nail polish when I have the urge to buy a new one.

(ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ Nancy, can you list down the colors of the nail polishes you bought? Thanks! I'm just curious.

Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/19/16 02:19 PM
Today, I can't resist putting color on my nails. I randomly picked the color and it was Emerald Green. It was super pretty and I think it represents nature and serenity. ヾ(´▽`*;)ゝ”

Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/19/16 07:17 PM
There's a green, purple, dark blue, yellow, red, pale blue, dark pink, pale pink, green and what seems like a shade of red or maybe purple (they do not list the name of the colors and the picture is not big enough for me to tell). The cost is less than 3$ per bottles so it's a good deal plus normally polishes for kids the bottles are very small and those are bigger than usual. It says that it's a peel-off polish but since I will add a base and top coat it will be okay (probably will take less remover for it too). The brand is Bo-Po, never heard of it before I saw a picture of some when I searched for nail polishes for girls (that search give out more then when i tried polishes for kids).
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/20/16 12:07 PM
That's a colorful variety you have there, Nancy. I just had a crazy idea... Why don't you color one nail differently? Hahaha loony, right?

(〜^∇^)〜 Anyway I'm happy you have those colors. A different color per week.

Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/27/16 07:50 AM
Hello everyone! I bought a new nail color today called FOXY BOXING. It's color orange and I quite love the color.

From Empower Yourself with Color Psychology, the color orange:

>Radiates warmth and happiness, combining the physical energy and stimulation of red with the cheerfulness of yellow.

>Relates to 'gut reaction' or our gut instincts, as opposed to the physical reaction of red or the mental reaction of yellow.

>Offers emotional strength in difficult times. It helps us to bounce back from disappointments and despair, assisting in recovery from grief.

Ciao ☆(・ω・*)ゞ
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/27/16 12:17 PM
Friday I finally gave myself a pedicure and manicure, I used the red polish I got as a gift at Jean Coutu in December.

When I start taking care of my nails like I used to I for sure will not use that brand (their name brand is called Personel). When I took it off it was like food coloring, I had to use mre nail polish remover after it was all off the nails for the tips of my fingers and the skin around the nails of my toes. Plus it is not easy to apply. It's a nice color though.
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/28/16 11:18 AM
That's wonderful to know, Nancy. Red is a very bold color.

**To my fellow sisters out there, always buy quality nail polish for your nails. Don't buy cheap ones just to save money because it's your nails we're talking about here! Treat your nails as your eyes or better yet as your teeth! Vital parts of the body... ∠(`・ω・´)

Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/28/16 03:12 PM
Great thanks for sharing. Sometimes it is a good idea to pay more for quality polish. However, quality really depends on the manufacturer. Find one that you really trust and always buy their brand.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/28/16 03:14 PM
I would also like to add that you should not cut corners or skimp on fingernail polish remover. Buy the kind that is kind and gentle to your nails.
Posted By: ChrisK Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/28/16 03:25 PM
OMG! I hate nail polish. Am I alone?
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/29/16 02:34 AM
BB---I agree with you. To all nail polish enthusiast out there, heed the advice of BB! ヽ|・ω・|ゞ

ChrisK--- Hi Chris, I was like you when I was younger. However, I came to love it. Try it, just once smile

Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/29/16 03:53 PM
Today I bought a cuticle cream and a nail buffer. Never used any of this before but from now on I will use these two things for all my manicures and pedicures.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/30/16 10:33 AM
Greetings ChrisK,
Give nail polish a try. Start with clear polish to harden your nails. I like the Sally Hansen Brand.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/30/16 10:34 AM
Greetings Nancy,
I've got to step up my game and buy some new nail buffers too.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 03/30/16 12:30 PM
I cannot wait to see what this does to my nails and if it is hard to use. There is one of my nails in particular that is damaged and it shows when I put on the polish. Plus I cannot wait to see if my cuticles will look better by using a cream on all before each manicures and pedicures, it should smile.
Posted By: Styxx Re: Nail Polish Galore - 04/01/16 02:27 AM
Goodluck to you, Nancy! Update me, okay? (*^-^*)ã‚ž

Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 04/08/16 01:42 PM
I just gave myself a pedicure and manicure.

I did not use the buffer but I did use the cuticle cream, I put it with qtips and wiped what ended up on the nails (did the toes + fingers) with a tissue.

I used a polish that I got at a dollar store, it has Hello Kitty (it came with a file - i thought that file would suck but it actually did an excellent job ~ it also came with 1 toe separators but i put it in the recycle bin), the color is light purple and it has tiny glitters.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 04/16/16 11:10 PM
This afternoon I gave myself a pedicure and manicure with the Hello Kitty polish. I again used the cuticle cream (again with a qtip then wiping the nails with a tissue) and again did not used the buffer.
I use nail polish to make beautiful mugs with gorgeous designs on them.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 04/18/16 05:28 PM
I am getting in the habit of manicuring every week. It is actually fun.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 04/18/16 05:30 PM
Great idea Connie, using polish to make mugs and designs. I have collected so much nail polish over the last year. I'm using some of the old polish for crafting projects. First up, adding some gorgeous polish colors in red, blue, and green to a bird wind-chime.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 04/24/16 01:01 PM
Just gave me another pedicure and manicure with the Hello Kitty polish. And I also again used the cuticle cream but not the buffer.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 05/02/16 03:14 PM
Just gave myself a pedicure and manicure with the Hello Kitty polish (again used the cuticle cream but not the buffer).
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 05/10/16 01:24 PM
I just started a pedicure and after it will be a manicure.

I did not use the cuticle cream but I did use the buffer and it went well so I think I will soon do it like a pro.

I will use the first Bo-Po polish, I am starting with the color Day Camp (its a yellow).

Since I started doing that I have been using Ultimate Shield by Sally Hansen for the base and top coat, the first week it did a great job and with the following uses it became worst. Before I used Double Duty by again Sally Hansen and that one is worst.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 05/18/16 04:02 PM
My pedicure and manicure is done (only putting my socks back on and hand cream on my hands is left to do).

I again used the yellow nail polish and used the buffer.

Could it be that using a buffer helps the polish stay longer on nails? This time it stayed longer and only started to chip days after I put it on.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 05/20/16 10:58 AM
Buffing is a good idea. Probably did help with preparing the nails.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 05/20/16 11:00 AM
I can't believe it. They are carrying Revlon nail polish at the Dollar Tree. Now, that is a great deal. However, it's a good idea to check the expiration date on the polish before purchasing.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 05/20/16 02:38 PM
Often in these stores the polish is dried up. In another store called Hart I wanted to get a pack of two small bottles of scented polishes but in every of those bottles the polish was completely dried up, it was less than 1$ but certainly not a great deal since I would not of been able to use it.

The polish this time started to come off the first day so looks like buffing nails does not work all the time in helping the polish to stay. So far it's only two nails though so it's not that bad.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 05/26/16 04:30 PM
The top base of my manicure is drying. I again used the yellow color and only the buffer after filing my nails.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/03/16 03:54 PM
I just gave myself a pedicure and manicure with the yellow again (put it aside for maybe finishing it later), I again used the buffer but not the cuticle cream.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/11/16 05:07 PM
Just started a pedicure and the manicure will immediately follow like usual, I again used the buffer but not the cuticle cream.

I will use the color Pinkie Swear by Bo-Po (its a light pink).
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/11/16 05:42 PM
Turns out there are tiny glitters in that color, I realised it when I put the top coat on my toe nails blush smile.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/16/16 11:58 AM
I discovered some nail polish at the dollar store. Going to give it a try.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/16/16 12:01 PM
I forgot to mention that the dollar store nail polish package contained 2 nail polish bottles. The name of the polish is L.A. Colors. It is a 3 piece set that also includes some really adorable nail stencils. Colors are Constellation. Name does not really fit the colors. One is a sparkle type and the other is deep purple.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/16/16 03:58 PM
The dollar stores here too have that brand of nail polish, I almost bought some this Winter but did not. Let us know if it's a good brand.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/17/16 11:14 AM
I might test that new polish this weekend. Will post the results!
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/17/16 02:50 PM
Thanks smile!
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/19/16 02:32 PM
In less than one hour I will do another pedicure and manicure. I will again use the light pink (with again the buffer but not the cuticle cream).
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/24/16 10:52 AM
Here is a tip ladies. Avoid cutting your cuticles. Instead, use a cuticle stick to gently push the cuticle back. Don't forget to rub cuticle oil or cream on before.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/24/16 10:53 AM
The dollar store polish purchased a week ago chipped the first day that I wore it. Not a fan!
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/24/16 05:21 PM
Was that with a top or/and base coat or the color alone?
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/27/16 12:01 PM
In a few minutes I will do another pedicure and manicure, I will again use the light pink and the buffer.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/27/16 12:09 PM
I usually use Sally Hansen Base & Top coat Double Duty with all manicures. Recently, tried a base coat that I found at the dollar store that was definitely not as good.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/27/16 03:34 PM
This is what I have been using too these past years but since trying out these small bottles of nail polish I have been using Ultimate Shield by Sally Hansen which too is a two in one and this actually lasts longer.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 07/05/16 01:43 PM
I just started a pedicure and manicure. I again used the buffer and the light pink (i will set it aside like the yellow to maybe use again).
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 07/12/16 02:25 PM
Just took off the nail polish, I will not do any pedicure and manicure for a while.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 07/22/16 11:42 AM
Decided to go nail polish free this weekend.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 07/22/16 11:43 AM
Forgot to say that I will still trim nails.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/21/17 12:15 PM
I should start taking care of my nails again because they are now very fragile, even the toe nails!
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 05/25/17 11:39 AM
Switching to clear nail polish for the summer months or might go completely without nail polish. Time to give the nails a welcomed rest ladies!
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Nail Polish Galore - 06/01/17 11:24 AM
Hello Forum Members,
time to get those nails in shape. Check out my articles on nail care on the Body Care site!
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Nail Polish Galore - 07/05/18 12:56 AM
Finally decided to take care of my nails again. I just took care of my toe nails and will focus on those, I cut them all then buffed them all with the buffer that I had to after get rid of because I put it where it got banged up. The next few days I will use an oil for nails and cuticles there just before bed and then I will finish the red I got as a gift from a drugstore two or three years ago and do a few coats of it. At least these nails and cuticles will be taken care of.
Posted By: christinarobert Re: Nail Polish Galore - 02/15/21 08:55 AM
Currently using Neon Pink nail polish which I love
© BellaOnline Forums