BellaOnline
Posted By: GtownmaGenealogy Google+ and Genealogy - 08/17/11 03:43 AM
Are you using Google+. Take my poll...
Posted By: Angie Re: Google+ and Genealogy - 08/17/11 12:52 PM
I'm using Google Alerts too. Did you take in the Google+ webinar by Legacy the other day? A couple of us tried out hangouts last night too.
Posted By: GtownmaGenealogy Re: Google+ and Genealogy - 08/17/11 02:13 PM
I am watching the WEbinar on archived. Had to take my son to Dr. and missed it. I am doing a presentation on G+ at our local genealogy society on Sept 22, so I need to learn all I can about it to show others. If you see any other good info on G+ or handouts, send them my way.

You know, I know about Google alerts, but definitely don't take advantage of it. Thanks for the reminder. Maybe I should do an article on what Google has to offer us as researchers.

Well, heading out to go to the dentists. Ugh.

Tina
Posted By: Angie Re: Google+ and Genealogy - 08/17/11 07:45 PM
I use a lot of the Google features: documents, alerts, calendar, Picasa, reader, sites (webpage), books, and scholar, and now Google+. Hangouts need a little finessing but it has a lot of potential.

Here is my webpage-a bit simple but it works.
Angie's Site
Posted By: GtownmaGenealogy Re: Google+ and Genealogy - 08/19/11 03:53 AM
I use some of those, need to get more practice for others. Need more hours in my day.
Posted By: Lyn-Christian Lit Re: Google+ and Genealogy - 03/18/12 02:17 AM
I have google+ but rarely use it. I didn't realize it offered so much for purposes of genealogical research.
Posted By: Angie Re: Google+ and Genealogy - 03/21/12 02:40 AM
You can set up alerts on Google Reader so that any time your particular surname or other topic is posted on line somewhere, you receive an alert. I use the reader and not get emails but you can set it up the way you want.

Setting Up A Google Alert
Posted By: Lyn-Christian Lit Re: Google+ and Genealogy - 03/27/12 02:41 AM
Thanks Angie. I'll have to play with it!
Posted By: Angie Re: Google+ and Genealogy - 03/27/12 02:48 AM
I find obituaries and other information for surnames which I have alerts for. The moment they are posted and indexed by Google, there is an alert. I do not receive emails but use the reader.
Posted By: Encore DT Re: Google+ and Genealogy - 06/14/12 09:23 PM
I started using Google+ only recently. I fought it for a while but it seems so natural, since all of my contacts already in Gmail are so easy to transfer, and those are the people I want in my online social network anyway.
Posted By: Angie Re: Google+ and Genealogy - 06/15/12 09:14 PM
It streams and it is easy to follow.
© BellaOnline Forums