BellaOnline
Posted By: RebeccaG Discovering Beautiful Names - 07/24/11 07:55 AM
I've had fun finding my family and reading some of the most unusual and beautiful names. My daughter and I were going through them today as she was named after several in the tree.
Posted By: Angie Re: Discovering Beautiful Names - 07/24/11 12:00 PM
Rebecca, beautiful and unusual but often I think parents had a sense of humor although I guess it made it hard on the children. As you know children were often given biblical names. One of my favorites is in the Branch family. They named their son, Olive.
Posted By: RebeccaG Re: Discovering Beautiful Names - 07/24/11 01:57 PM
OK. That is hilarious. Though my husband went to college with two girls whose birth names were Candy Cane and Cinnamon Bear.
Posted By: Linda19 Re: Discovering Beautiful Names - 07/24/11 02:29 PM
My mother's name is Olive! Jose Olive! I have a name that I write under, Zilpha. That is a biblical name and it means fragile in Hebrew.

My own name means pretty in Spanish and soft and tender in German.

Posted By: RebeccaG Re: Discovering Beautiful Names - 07/24/11 04:24 PM
I found a few names that flowed through the generations. One was ironic. Two lines that eventually merged had many women named Leona. The family eventually settled in Laona.

I named my daughter Catherine after my great-great grandmother. Upon looking through the family tree I found tons of Catherines. I also named by youngest Victoria Bell. Her middle name is all through this one line and I just thought it was my grandmother.

Even my own name is all through the family tree.
Posted By: GtownmaGenealogy Re: Discovering Beautiful Names - 08/03/11 04:54 AM
I find it fascinating how you can almost solve some family brick walls just by knowing the naming patterns for a particular culture.

My favorite ancestor's name is Chubby Bluebucket.
Posted By: RebeccaG Re: Discovering Beautiful Names - 08/03/11 07:57 AM
LOL - Ok, Tina that is good. None of us were that creative.
© BellaOnline Forums