BellaOnline
Posted By: Sheryl T Chapter books -- middle grade readers - 02/04/13 02:31 PM
Is anyone else writing chapter books or middle grade material? I like to delve into the hi-lo market as well. Are there any articles on here that have those aspects of the genre? I looked in the archives but I might have missed them.
Sheryl
Posted By: sammarth Re: Chapter books -- middle grade readers - 04/04/13 11:37 AM
Reading helps your child helps across all curriculum. They love to read with more kids. You should make your child read daily. Nursery rhymes is a great way to get your students excited about learning.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Chapter books -- middle grade readers - 02/01/15 12:39 PM
Hi Samantha!
I don't have children. I write for them but if I did have kids I wouldn't 'make' them read. Reading is a terrific way to get them interested in absolutely everything else in life so it shouldn't be forced -- just presented in an enjoyable, creative way.
Posted By: Elaine A Re: Chapter books -- middle grade readers - 02/01/15 02:47 PM
As adults we read many times a day without even thinking about the way in which we read. Children also read without realising they are using their skills. Reading for those who find it pleasurable is wonderful, they find their lives enriched. Children who for whatever reason, find reading difficult may find themselves locked out of learning, feel excluded and turn away from the world of books.
Reading is one of life's joy and pleasures. It is also one of the major methods of learning. We owe it to every child to find a way to bring reading to them in ways that fire their imagination, increases their word knowledge and allows them to feel free to get to know the world around them.
Reading may consist of reading picture books, reading a puzzle, reading creative play, the world of reading words so important to all of us comes to a child when they are open to learning and their world of learning has been opened.
© BellaOnline Forums