BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Plastic Sleeves for Storing Stamps - 11/30/08 11:19 AM
I am trying to take good care of my boyfriend's stamp collection, which he got from his grandfather. There were simply piles and piles of stamps in a box - mostly connected to the envelope. His grandfather had cut around the postmark for each one.

I found they fit quite nicely into acid-free plastic sleeves meant to hold business cards, in a 3 ring binder. I now have four large 3 ring binders full of these sleeves, with the stamps in them. Is there any danger in me doing this?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Plastic Sleeves for Storing Stamps - 11/30/08 11:21 AM
Lisa, thats a great idea
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Plastic Sleeves for Storing Stamps - 12/11/08 04:55 PM
I suppose as long as they don't get mildewy in there!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Plastic Sleeves for Storing Stamps - 09/02/10 05:10 AM
I'm working on the Christmas stamps again and so far these binder sleeves have been *great*. They hold the stamps well and the stamps seem in good condition. I have to go buy some more sleeves!
Posted By: Gary - Stamps Re: Plastic Sleeves for Storing Stamps - 09/03/10 03:23 AM
Your concern about using plastic sleeves to store stamps and its long term effects is a good question. Here is a link to a website that discusses this topic

Stamps and Plastics

I can't give you a definitive answer but I hope the article on this website can point you in the right direction.
© BellaOnline Forums