BellaOnline
Posted By: Allan - Musician Editor Can music act like medicine? - 07/27/09 11:14 PM
There have been times when music has acted similar to medicine (in the sense of native Good Medicine). Have you ever had that experience?
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Can music act like medicine? - 09/09/10 05:19 PM
Absolutely!! Sometimes when I'm feeling hurt, I'll write about it.

Most recently, I discovered my ex-fiance on facebook. Actually, his lovely blonde cheerleader wife and I had a mutual friend ( eek ).

I was SOOO hurt that he'd moved on and was happy. I know, I know, that sounds selfish. But I was really hurt when I left him, and seeing their happiness was a slap in the face, even though it's been a long time.

So, I wrote a song. And it was very healing - it was a little angry, but I was able to release some feelings I hadn't known I was even hanging on to.

Now I can be happy for him. And for me too wink
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Can music act like medicine? - 12/24/17 07:32 PM
Yes! Some makes me smile, some gives me energy, some makes me forget about my problems and some makes me cry but not of sadness. There is one I heard two days ago called Amen by Enigma and this one gives me hope.
© BellaOnline Forums