BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa Girl Scouts Do you have a special troop helper? - 10/04/12 05:57 PM
In my Brownie troop I am lucky to have an older woman in her 70's who was a leader for 25 years, help me out. She is so full of energy and has an amazing wealth of knowledge. Whether you are a leader, are/was a Girl Scout, or a family member of a girl in a troop, do you know of any special people that have been invaluable to your troop?
Posted By: VintageGS Re: Do you have a special troop helper? - 10/07/12 02:02 AM
No not really. I'm the one that has kept our troop going for the last 21 years almost single-handedly. I do value the co-leaders I have this year. They are a diverse bunch which lets our troop explore many areas.
Wow, you should be proud of that. I am sure a lot of people would have skipped out on the troop so congratulations to you for sticking with it that long! The woman tried to help out the troop before I took it over and unfortunately the former leader and co-leader just viewed her as a pain and ended up screaming at her for trying to help. Her granddaughter is in the troop also. But I do not see her that way at all. She has so many ideas and has seen and done everything and the girls like her around too!
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Do you have a special troop helper? - 02/28/15 01:45 PM
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a brownie soooooo bad. But my mom thought that would cut into her life so I didn't get to. As an adult I have often wistfully thought back tot that time. I even bought the book by Lauren Catuzzi Grandcolas titled You Can Do It! and worked through the parts that were of interest to me. It's great. There are lots of subjects to work through and you earn your badges that are included in the back of the book. I also would like to volunteer for a troop as a helper. Where do I start?
© BellaOnline Forums