BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Libra - 07/31/10 10:29 PM
Okay, I just glanced at your posts and this is WAY over my head (lol). So let me ask you a "simple" question. I am born September 26th, in Astrology, does my sign per the newspapers (Libra) pay any part in Astrology. Now folks, do not, note: do not LAUGH too hard at me - I am TRYINGgggg...... (lol).
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Libra - 08/01/10 04:11 PM
Well, Angela, the star signs that you see in the paper are based on ancient constellations, so they have that in common with astronomy.

Your star sign is supposed to be Libra because of being born on September 26 when the Sun was in the constellation Libra. However, as it happens, the Sun is actually in Virgo on that date. The astrology signs are out of synch with the constellations they were named for, because the Earth's axis has a little wobble in it. But that will correct itself in twenty thousand years or so.

Libra, the astronomical constellation, is defined by the International Astronomical Union. It includes not only the traditional star pattern, but also an area of sky around it. All the constellations are defined so that they cover the entire sky without overlapping. See my article What Are Constellations?
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Libra - 08/01/10 04:23 PM
Thanks Mona.
© BellaOnline Forums